Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Official Futaba 3PM FASST thread!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Official Futaba 3PM FASST thread!

ORIGINAL: !jAsOfRaW!

Whats better, futaba 3pk fast or spektrum dx3? Also what the diff between the 3pk and 4pk?
None of those radios are being discussed in this thread. If you look through the forum, you'll find other threads about the radios you are inquiring about.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
rlem00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got one yesterday. So far I like it. I was out running it today and for some reason right in the middle of my run I must have hit a button or something because it started to change my throttle trim. Real weird. I turned the radio off and on again and no more problems. As I am new to this new technology it would be great of there was a write up somewhere about best ways to set up a radio such as this based on use and driving style. If there are and I just can't find it let me know where it is so I can read up and use this puppy to it's full potential!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 PM
hurykane

I just got this yesterday and finally installed it. I am having problems with the radio. I power on the radio and set the EPA, Trim and ABS. Everything works fine until I turn of the radio and turn it back on. All settings default back to factory settings. It is getting annoying[>:]. I plan on calling technical support or returning it for an exchange. Unfortunately it was the only one at the LHS. Maybe I should try the Nomadio React.

Has anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
rlem00

I figured out what the deal was with the throttle going wonky on me. The DS2 switch is really sensitive. It's not like the other ones where when you hit the button it clicks. When you touch it it sticks and goes haywire. Are any others sensitive like this?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
chrobar

@ hurykane
Make sure that you set up a model and name it in the radio. Make all the setting in that model, and it should all be saved. Just read through your manual and follow what it says.
Tom
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
rlem00

LHS swapped out the radio no problem.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
mrsracing
My Feedback: (1)

I'm looking at picking up this same system. I'm currently building a Losi MF2 Stadium Truck and have a Losi AD2 Nitro Stadium Truck on it's way. This appears to be the better system when compared with Spektrum. My question is what servo's are you guys using with 1/10th scale stadium trucks with this controller? I would like to order mine in the next couple of days.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I charge 2500 mAH NiMH AA batteries with a peak charger through the radio's charger jack? Or is there some kind of circuitry or diode or something in the radio that would prevent this? I would be using the ICE Charger set at 0.3 Amp.

If it is possible to go through the radio's recharging jack is it still safer to just remove the battery tray from the radio and just charge the batteries in that tray through the tray's connector?

As for Servos I was thinking of getting something digital, but a guy at my local track as some Airtronics 94357 servos he wants to unload for a good price so I might just look at trying those out instead. 94357 is not digital so they don't really take advantage of the capabilities of our radio systems, but sometimes it can be hard to pass up a quality servo at a good price.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
las769

Hey Guy's i just put in my 3pm 2.4Ghz into my revo and it will NOT work with the opti drive talked to futaba and the confirmed it this radio will not work with the opti drive
just though i would pass it on
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM
ste32

hi,ive just purchesed a futaba 3pm 2.4 fasst am using it in my associated b4 buggy with an lrp comp esc my problem is that when the car is running on the ground if i pull full throttle on my tx for top speed when i let the trigger off to slow down the car just sticks at full throttle,if i dont full press the trigger the car slows down fine also it doesnt seem to stick at full throtte is i pick the car off the ground and do it.
any help be much appreciated.
cheers
Old 02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have the antenna sticking up out of the truck. Well after racing a heat out at the track I discovered few inches of antenna tube didn't survive the run ... fortunately the antenna wire appeared to be all in one piece. So, here's a picture showing how I have the antenna protected under the shell.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46285.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	882300  
Old 03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
TheVIP

May I ask what brand of batteries(Venom, Duratrax), type (NiCD or NiMh) and what milliamps (1000MaH - 2600MaH) everyone recommends for the R603FF receiver?

I had two expensive crashes with my car because I used AA batteries. Futaba support told me that I needed the NiCD batteries for the receiver due to its high discharge capability. So trying to do the right thing, I checked TowerHobbies and found the Futaba brand NiCD for the R603FF. This battery is rated at 50Mah.

I would imagine 4 AA would have more power than 50Mah. So now I am totally confused on what the deal is with the receiver.

Anyone's suggestion and help will be truly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:21 PM
chrobar

Yeah..don't get that pack. 50mah is waaaay to low..it'll last like a tank or two.
I run a home made receiver pack with 5 2600 mah AAs, and it works great. They're NiMh, and I haven't had any problems.
I'm pretty sure any receiver pack you find will work fine.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
TheVIP

Thanks chrobar for the update on real world experience of this receiver. I'll go out and get a spare NiMh battery instead of the Futaba NiCD.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 PM
KpS

I have a problem with my futaba 3pm and need some help. When I turn the radio on, the green light on the back automatically blinks and my failsafe will not work.

Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
TheVIP

KpS, I would say your using the R603ff receiver. I may have had this issue when I tried to do the mating of the 2 receiver to the transmitter. Try to re-match the an see if the works.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
adam-69

alrite dudes, i have a 3pm and well. i love it! by far best radio ive ever used. and i deef prefer it over the dx3 and dx3r
Old 05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
adrictan

Can TT01D running on Hot Bodies S46 motor & Futaba 330CR ESC take this? Do I need to change the servo?