Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

radio sytem advice

Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
bigbama1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio sytem advice

I have a matrix tr arena that i want to race never raced before will the stock am radio be allright or do i net to upgrade already have hi-tech servos
Old 04-22-2008, 03:02 AM
systemlord

Default RE: radio sytem advice

ORIGINAL: bigbama1962

I have a matrix tr arena that i want to race never raced before will the stock am radio be allright or do i net to upgrade already have hi-tech servos
AM radios are old and they suck, get a decent FM radio system. What is you budget for a new radio and servos?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Sean C
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The correct answer to your question is:
Yes, your stock AM radio will do as well in a race as it does when you're bashing. If you're looking to upgrade, I would skip FM and go straight for 2.4GHz - in which case only your budget will limit you.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
systemlord

In my opinion if you decide you want a better radio, the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZT7&P=ML]Futaba 3PM 3-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter/Receiver Only[/link] is a great start at $189.99. This way you get to pick and choose what servos are best for your preference, I think Hitec makes some of the best car and truck servos around. Futaba also makes great servos, just not in the titanium gear versions which I love.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
bigbama1962

thanx for everyones advice i think ill get the futaba 3pm
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: bigbama1962

thanx for everyones advice i think ill get the futaba 3pm
Its a steal for a native 2.4GHz computer radio system! The 3PM 2.4GHz was my second choice other than the 3PKS 2.4GHz radio. Forgot to mention get the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDXC8]Hobbico HydriMax 9.6V 1650mAh NiMH Flat U Sanyo [/link], I will never use a nicad again.