Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

I wanna get a Dx2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:21 PM
sunco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna get a Dx2.0

As i said in the title i want to get one. But i already have nice servos in my revo.

where can i new dx 2 with just the radio and a reciever? or just a radio and ill buy a spektrum reciever
Old 05-03-2008, 08:00 PM
For_The_Win

Default RE: I wanna get a Dx2.0

Ummm. I dont know.. I would try to call the factory and mabe make a deal with them..
Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 PM
torridomax

look on ebay alot of seprate parts on there
Old 05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Soothsayerman

get a futaba 3pm for 169 with just transmitter and receiver. better than dx2 by far

towerhobbies
Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 AM
dacaur

I agree. I love my 3pm 2.4.. way better than a DX2... the only disadvantage is that I just bought a losi mini monster baja thats 2.4Ghz and has a spektrum RX... If i had a spectrum radio I could use that with my new truck..... Im not sad I got the 3PM over the DX2, I would do the same thing again today... I just wish I could have afforded the DX3R (the only spectrum radio thats worth anything)
Old 05-19-2008, 07:44 PM
paul_TAB4

hey everyone. I am looking to get into racing(b4) is there a big difference between the 3pm, dx2.0 and mx3-fhss. and is there besides model memory?

any help is greatly appreciated
thanx.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
paul_TAB4

oops. I mean besides model memory. lol DeeRR.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: paul_TAB4

hey everyone. I am looking to get into racing(b4) is there a big difference between the 3pm, dx2.0 and mx3-fhss. and is there besides model memory?

any help is greatly appreciated
thanx.

Yes there is a big difference. the Mx3 is the "worst" of the 3, very basic, few features but not inexpensive,

Futaba vs mx3

here are some features the futaba has that the MX3 does NOT.
Timer,
ABS (anti-lock brake),
steering wheel tension adjustment,
sub trim on all 3 channels (mx3 only has it on 1 and 2).
Programable Channel mixing,
throttle acceleration (for nitro cars, reduces throttle/brake lag),
3 character model naming (mx3 just shows a number 1-18 for each model)...
there are a few more....
The steering dual rate is more convenient to hit on the futaba... its right under your left thumb, on the mx3 its on the top of the radio above the wheel..

The ONLY advantage the mx3 has is 8 extra model memories, (18 vs futabas 10) but again, they are only listed by number, you cannot name them.

The spectrum DX 2.0 is better than the MX3 but it still doesn't have as many features as the futaba.... like it doesn't have programmable mixing, abs, timer, etc, also its only 2 channels, futaba is 3, and its only got 2 model memories, futaba has 10. The only spektrum better than the futaba is the DX3R... but thats in a whole nother price bracket....
Old 05-25-2008, 11:04 PM
astroboycp

Try ebay.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
peelin_out

YES, ebay! I bought one last week for $135 right here. with priority shipping it got to me in two days! can't beat that for coast to coast.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
salvemaker

ORIGINAL: dacaur

I agree. I love my 3pm 2.4.. way better than a DX2... the only disadvantage is that I just bought a losi mini monster baja thats 2.4Ghz and has a spektrum RX... If i had a spectrum radio I could use that with my new truck..... Im not sad I got the 3PM over the DX2, I would do the same thing again today... I just wish I could have afforded the DX3R (the only spectrum radio thats worth anything)
Thats interesting. I have a MMB also, and looking to get a new dsm radio, and a 1/10 elec. something. Are you saying if a get a Spektrum DX2 or 3.0, I can use it with the Losi also? Was leaning toward the DX3.0 with the extra RX, but I will take a look at the Futuba 3pm 2.4 now also. Good luck with the MMB steering servos, mine lasted 3 pks. Went with Jr metal gears, so far so good.
Thanks
Salvemaker
Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 PM
dacaur

yea you can bind the losi 2.4 Rx right to a spectrum dx2 or 3... My steering servos are ok so far..... im still trying to decide if i want to go with mtal gear units or the lxt chassis when they do go....

one of the main problems i have with the dx2/dx3 is the 2/3 model memory... whats the point of having a nice computer radio if you can only have 2-3 of your vehicles programed in it? I wouldn't buy anything with less than 10 slots.....
Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 AM
salvemaker

Thanks dacaur, The 3 car memory would not be a problem for me. I'm too old to get into this more than 3 cars anyway.
But, I would think resale value would be much better with more car memory. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.
Salvemaker