Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Spektrum DX3R
42.86%
Futaba 4PK 2.4ghz system
57.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

2.4ghz radio poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:12 PM
viper463

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz radio poll

I really only want to know which one of these 2 people like... This would be for 1/8 nitro buggy and truggy racing only...
Old 05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
systemlord

Default RE: 2.4ghz radio poll

Futaba is clearly number one in helicoptors, airplane and car/truck radio's!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
ftt4maniac

I have a junk spectrum that has been back to horizon hobbies 3 times, still broke, my friend has one that is ok. I just got the futaba fasst system today and this thing blows spectrum away. The range is incredible, twice as far as the spectrum at least. I ran out of room when we tested them side by side. his stopped about halfway.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 PM
viper463

Is that the DX3R VS. 4PK ???
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: ftt4maniac

I have a junk spectrum that has been back to horizon hobbies 3 times, still broke, my friend has one that is ok. I just got the futaba fasst system today and this thing blows spectrum away. The range is incredible, twice as far as the spectrum at least. I ran out of room when we tested them side by side. his stopped about halfway.
Futaba has been making radio's for a looong time now, they know what their doing after more than 30 years.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
NitroVette

I've had Futaba Radios for over 20 years and have never had a Futaba radio fail on me. I bought Futaba's first three channel PCM surface radio, the 3PB in '90 and still use it to this day in my son's truck. It's much better than any RTR radio and still works perfectly after 18 years ! My current radio is a 3PJS and it's still a great radio. I'm on the fence of whether to get a 3PK Synth and use my current PCM radios or get a 4PK and continue to use my 3PJ while I upgrade to Faast receivers over time. Either way I'm definately buying another Futaba.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Soothsayerman

I don't have the spektrum, but I have handled the dx3 and I use the futaba 3pm 2.4 and i like the futaba better. It is a very very solid radio and unlike the spektrum, it scans frequencies constantly. It just feels better to me. Love it.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:51 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: systemlord

Futaba has been making radio's for a looong time now, they know what their doing after more than 30 years.
According to Karlton Spindle, who used to be a Nomandio sales representative before he became a medicine rep, said that Nomandio helped Futaba design the 2.4GHz FASST system for the 3PK, 4PK, 3PM, etc.

Nomandio has had their primady contact with the DoD to make military grade RCs so they know how to make radios that can reacha long distance. Though our model RCs do not need any signal booster, but Nomandio's experience in designing the longer range distance has definitely found its place in the Futaba 2.4GHz stuff.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:05 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

According to Karlton Spindle, who used to be a Nomandio sales representative before he became a medicine rep, said that Nomandio helped Futaba design the 2.4GHz FASST system for the 3PK, 4PK, 3PM, etc.

Nomandio has had their primady contact with the DoD to make military grade RCs so they know how to make radios that can reacha long distance. Though our model RCs do not need any signal booster, but Nomandio's experience in designing the longer range distance has definitely found its place in the Futaba 2.4GHz stuff.
Very intresting info there!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
haasjj

Says who, you? In my opinion, the JR brand is much better.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:17 PM
ahawk65
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Very intresting info there!

I'll second that. I am (semi) in the market for a 2.4ghz system, and this is interesting to know.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: haasjj

Says who, you? In my opinion, the JR brand is much better.
Yes says me and many others in this thread, because thats my opinion and personal preference after 20+ years of using Futaba radios. The OP didn't ask about JR radios, have another look at the poll as thats clearly not a choice.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Osirisf16

Dude, i'm waiting this week for my Futaba 4PK to arrive. I can't wait. I pay a lot of money. This radio is for using it only in racing, since i have a descent onroad now.

FUTABA IS NUMBER ONE!!! Never had problem with her products. Plus that the looking of the 4PK is sick [8D]
Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
rc rock

i myself like futaba as a company but i believe the futaba 4pk is a little overpriced at $500
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Osirisf16

500$ means lower than 250 pounds, and i'm buying it at 270 pounds
Old 06-20-2008, 06:54 AM
rc rock

$500 is excactly 200 pounds man
Old 06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Osirisf16

And to deliver in Cyprus plus the darn taxes we got, i think it pass the 300 pounds So, i love my LHS guy But i hate him when talking for servos. These Hitecs are KILLING MONEY [&:] One 56 series is 40 pounds and one 59 series is 60+ pounds, geez
Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: viper463

I really only want to know which one of these 2 people like... This would be for 1/8 nitro buggy and truggy racing only...
I know it has been a couple of monthes already, but have you already bought a new radio? If so, which one did you buy and how do you like it?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 PM
raedatari

I hav bought Futaba spectrum T6EX 2.4GHZ. a week a go was my first test where I replaced Transmitter in my car and walked by the beach holding receiver with me for less than half mile signal was lost before even the half mile. I,v never to expect that, today I had to open my transmitter and splice antenna wire then connected to 15dB 2.4ghz wifi antenna boosetr signal didn't go through, so basiclly I am stock with it.[]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:39 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: raedatari

I hav bought Futaba spectrum T6EX 2.4GHZ. a week a go was my first test where I replaced Transmitter in my car and walked by the beach holding receiver with me for less than half mile signal was lost before even the half mile. I,v never to expect that, today I had to open my transmitter and splice antenna wire then connected to 15dB 2.4ghz wifi antenna boosetr signal didn't go through, so basiclly I am stock with it.[]
Thats what you get for using a airplane radio in a car, duh! Not only did you buy a CHEAP 6 channel radio, you didn't know that with 2.4GHz radio's you must have line of sight with your model. There's no way you could even see your T-Maxx, Savage 1/2 a mile away! Thats almost 3000 feet away, come on please be realistic!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Honest truth is I'd still prefer my 3PKS over the 4PK, it feels better, I like the design, and it's module based which I prefer.

Why not save a bunch of money and get a 3PKS with a FAAST module, it's got the same features pretty much.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: RevToTheRedline

Honest truth is I'd still prefer my 3PKS over the 4PK, it feels better, I like the design, and it's module based which I prefer.

Why not save a bunch of money and get a 3PKS with a FAAST module, it's got the same features pretty much.
I like the interchangeable rubber grip, it just feels better than just grabbing plastic and its $100 dollars cheaper. If I had bought the 4PKS I would have missed the feel of the 3PKS rubber grip and I would have had to wait several months to get one.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 AM
raedatari

well I have got it, today was another test, singnal range was a little more than 2 miles along the beach, knowing the trick how to boost signal worth the try.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 AM
systemlord

well I have got it, today was another test, singnal range was a little more than 2 miles along the beach, knowing the trick how to boost signal worth the try.
Well I have what, a 3PM, 3PKS or 4PK? What trick are you referring to boost range?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
ah-see

I'm just wondering how you measured "just over 2 miles"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.