Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics MX-3 vs JR Racing XR3i

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 03:49 PM
weigner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics MX-3 vs JR Racing XR3i

Help, I cannot decide between the Airtronics MX-3 and the JR Racing XR3i??? Advantages? Disadvantages?
Old 05-10-2003, 01:37 AM
mbennett674

it's tought to tell from all the marketing material, but they seem to be relatively similar. What I can't seem to figure out is if the either of them take tx modules - or if you are limited to the channel you purchase it with (and maybe a few that are very close).
Old 05-19-2003, 02:44 PM
clizoman

JR xr3i definitely better, because its a JR, JR is know for its name, the airtronics is a little heavier and built cheaper. Only advantage Airtronics has it has a smaller RX, and moer model memory
Old 05-19-2003, 02:54 PM
mbennett674

How do these stack up against the xs3i? I realize the xs3i is synthesized, but any other benefits?
Old 05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
LasagnaCat

The XR3i and XS3 are virtually identical other than the synthesized features. The XS3 has a fast frame rate option that I'm not sure if the XR3i has. If you run at a (crowded) track or just in a crowd ever the XS3 is WELL worth the extra little bit of cash. If it's just you around the house/yard then any of them are fine. The JR radios are definitely (as mentioned) built a little more solidly than the MX3. The MX3 may be the best value dollar for dollar, but is really flimsy feeling.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:09 PM
mbennett674

How do those radios stack up against the Futaba Magnum 3PDF? It seems JR comes with a better servos...