Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need new servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:18 PM
adr_ian64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new servos

hey, Im looking for new servos for my revo. I want pretty much the best of the best. high torque for the steering and a high speed for the throttle. digital would be nice as well. Im still waiting for the 4pk to come out so I just want to ensure that the digital servos will work with the stock trx radio?

any recommendations?

thanks for the help
Old 06-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Osirisf16

Default RE: need new servos

I don't kinow how much torque Revo wants on the steering but for brake/throttle, i would suggest you a speed of .10 seconds since you want something very good. As for steering, there are servos of 333 oz/inc that they are so strong that can lift a bunch of tools (see video in youtube ). But since the Revo is not actually monster truck but a somehow lower thing, i would suggest something above 200 oz/inch. Now for brands, i have some Hitecs and have NONE problem with them at all, just great. I hear nice things about ACE and JR too.

You waiting for the 4PK too? Me too dude. Mine comes on mid July unfortunately since i'm a bit away from all of you . Where yours come?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
systemlord

Hitec makes some of the best car & truck servo's period, and I'm supposed to be a Futaba fanboy. I'm using a Hitec HSC-5997TG (Titanium Gear) digital servo with 181oz.in of torque and .14 second speed, for throttle and braking I'm using a HS-5645MG digital servo with 168oz.in at .18 speed which is the bigger brother of the popular 645MG servo. That .14 second speed is just too darn fast for my liking, so I used my 3PKS to slow it down a bit. The stock Traxxas throttle/braking servo has a .22 second speed rating which served me well for three years. These really fast response time servo's enable you to flip your trucks at high speed very easily!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Osirisf16

I'm a Futaba fanboy too. My favourite brands are :Kyosho, Futaba, Hitec, OS, Sirio. I have all of those brands except a Sirio, and is too darn expensive (when talking for onroad ofcourse, the Sirio offroad engines are a disgrace now).

I know 5645, it's the twin brother of the 5625 which i have one. But .18 seconds of speed are a too much slow for my needs. You got .22 on your traxxas? Way slow, how you like that thing?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: Osirisf16

I'm a Futaba fanboy too. My favourite brands are :Kyosho, Futaba, Hitec, OS, Sirio. I have all of those brands except a Sirio, and is too darn expensive (when talking for onroad ofcourse, the Sirio offroad engines are a disgrace now).

I know 5645, it's the twin brother of the 5625 which i have one. But .18 seconds of speed are a too much slow for my needs. You got .22 on your traxxas? Way slow, how you like that thing?
Yea this will be my last Sirio engine, its got bottom and mid-end but not much top-end. I want an OS powered Kyosho 1/8th scale buggy/truggy soon, OS rules period! Your favourite brands are also mine, Kyosho 1/8th scale buggies have been around since I was in middle school and I'm 36 now. Back then it was all Kyosho.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Osirisf16

Now the situation is out of control since MANY MANY brands enter the hobby and many people are confused. You must really dig deep to find what is going on. Anyway, i'm lucky since i started with Kyosho entire luckily. Maybe there are a lot of brands out there, but for KITS, i am only seeing kyosho, mugen. Xray it's good enough to compete with these two BUT i don't like when a company steals other's design, it just isn't right. Of course Kyosho stolen Mugen suspension now for their MP9 but it didn't release yet, so we must waiti untill all the nines are out
Old 06-16-2008, 04:52 AM
systemlord

Remember competition drives innovation and we win, look at Microsoft their a monster all by themselves. What do you think of Thunder Tigers 1/8th buggy? It looks well made but does it perform?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Osirisf16

No need to look at those. I don't know them but the brand is very popular with their helis (raptor).