Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

I love my Reacty but

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my Reacty but

I really like my React but I am tired of not being to get more RX's!!!!!!! I am sorry to say the parts supports for these radios is beyond poor and is making others look at other brands which I might be one of them. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NOMADIO![:'(] I understand your main concern is military contracts but that is no reason to forget your commitment to your hobby customers. You keep giving poor support to the hobby customers have to wonder how long it will be where no one whats your hobby products and I am stuck with a radio system that is worthless!!!!![:@]

When I was considering getting a React I was assured great service and parts availability. From the way I see it I was deceived big time. I still have many copies of emails and PM to this fact!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
NitroVette

Default RE: I love my Reacty but

Sorry to hear that you and others can't get receivers. Right before they started having problems I was researching the React and almost pulled the trigger, but despite everything good I read it seemed that receivers and sensors were always on backorder. I ended up buying another Futaba, a 3PKS synth and I'm glad I did. I really liked the telemetry but it really didn't make sense for me to equip all of my cars with new receivers. The 3PK is backward compatible with my PPM and PCM receivers and ready for 2.4g when I'm ready. In 20 years of using Futaba I've only had one problem, a bad servo which was replaced no questions asked. I still have Futaba's first PCM radio the 3PB which was state of the art in 1990 and it still works perfectly.

It's too bad Nomadio has let their customers down, it's hard enough to convince die hard brand loyalists like me to change brands. I would have a hard time buying a Nomadio system in the future after reading about such poor service, you should post on their forum if you haven't already.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
46u

Well I have enough receivers when using my Spektrum RX (yes you can use the older Spektrum RX with the react) but I cannot use my temperature sensors with them. One of the biggest things that made my discussion was you can up load and save all your settings on the computer. Now think you have 30 models in your TX with ALL those settings and something happens and you have to reprogram each one. How long would that take for sure a LONG time. With the React you just plug in to your computer and in about 10 seconds everything is just like it was. All so you can up date your setting and if you do not like them you can change them with your save settings. The only problem I have is I cannot get any more receivers. [:@]
Old 10-17-2008, 06:33 PM
46u

Is there any of the other radios where you can save ALL your settings on your computer?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: 46u

Is there any of the other radios where you can save ALL your settings on your computer?
Any one? this is the feature I like best as if you loose or change your settings on about 30 models you can plug it to the computer and Bam they are all back where they where. You can image what it would take if you can remember them all to put the settings back on 10 models much less 30. [X(]
Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
SManMTB

No and I think you know that.

Btw, how can you loose settings in any radio? Even if I take out the batteries from my 3PKS the settinga are still there.
It's stored in non-volatile memory and something really serious got to happen before it gets lost.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

No and I think you know that.

Btw, how can you loose settings in any radio? Even if I take out the batteries from my 3PKS the settinga are still there.
It's stored in non-volatile memory and something really serious got to happen before it gets lost.
I have seen it happen more then once on different brand radios. All so the radio's just like your computer have a small battery and if it dies you will loose your information.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
46u

I finally got a RX from A Main Hobbies as they got a SMALL shipment now wonder how many months I will have to wait to get an engine temperature sensor.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
SManMTB

OK, there is a battery....
If you have a Futaba radio you can buy a CAMPAc module (over priced IMHO) and store the settings in that.

As for PC backup I think everyone knows Nomadio is the only one on the market as of now...... but what good is that when they can't deliver.

edit: fixed a typo
Old 11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
46u

Nice to be able to go to the track and play with settings and if you do not like what you end up with I plug my TX in to my lap top hit a button and everything was just like it was. Or if you prefer the new settings you can save them. [X(] All so you can keep a record of changes you make. Sound to me like a GOOD tool that I wish other radios had!!!! With my new Nomadio RX coming I will have 3. I hope to get one or two more and I should be set. My second RX and temperature sensor did not cost me anything through a promotional Nomadio had!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
SManMTB

Sure, it's nice.... but I'll never bring a laptop to a race.
It's also nice to have 20 model memories to play with. If I don't like it just use another setting.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
46u

Sure, it's nice.... but I'll never bring a laptop to a race.
It's also nice to have 20 model memories to play with. If I don't like it just use another setting.

My React has 30 model memory and I can clone them if I want. I take my lap top to keep my set up sheets, lap times up to date. SManMTB I know how you love to bust my balls and if it makes you happy go for it. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
SManMTB

No I don't love to bust your balls. Just stating that everyones knows Nomadio is the only company with that feature, just feeding the fire
No ill intensions.

Btw, It sure is great to clone memories. Can do it all day long at the track too.

Peace out man.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM
bentgear

Some of the JR and KO radios allow you to save data to a PC, but thats all you can do, save and reload. No way to manipulate it while in the PC. And you still have to spend $100 + for that add on to do it. At least Futaba allows data saves and reloads to a cheap card. More and more radios are shifting to writing to an internal eprom so a backup battery is not needed. Maybe the introduction of the new Spektrum sport radio shows the direction everything is fixing to go. Built in telemetry. Maybe on the higher end they wil allow PC communications.

Ed M.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM
46u

COOL Ed M. Yes that is another thing I like about my React is the telemetry that is built in as it is good to know what the voltage of your RX pack is as well as the engine temperate and whether the RX is turn on or off among other things.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
ProRCRacer88

46u i know where your coming from. Im stuck with my Sensor because i cant find the steering assembly for it and rx's are rare to come by. I also cant get incontact with them at all, they havent returned my emails or calls. Im going with a futaba 2.4ghz controller soon as i get the chance.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
46u

I heard the Sensor had fragile steering systems if you drop or knock over the TX. If I could find a radio with all the features of the Nomadio I would think about switching. Right now or at least last night when I ordered my Nomadio RX A Main Hobbies had them in stock but are out of stock on the temperature sensor. If you switch radios let me know.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:46 PM
bentgear

ProRCRacer88, if it is just the steering shaft that is bad then a company is CNC machining them out of aluminum. They have a thread on the Nomadio board in the Sensor section. Beautiful work and it cures the problem of the shaft breaking.

Ed M.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 PM
ProRCRacer88

I just seen that nice masterpeice that guy made for the controller. Im definatly getting one of those cnc shafts. Im still using my broken shaft but i had to adjust the steering trims and end points... definatly needs to be trashed and replaced. Great find Bentgear, thanks for that.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:58 AM
NitroVette

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

46u i know where your coming from. Im stuck with my Sensor because i cant find the steering assembly for it and rx's are rare to come by. I also cant get incontact with them at all, they havent returned my emails or calls. Im going with a futaba 2.4ghz controller soon as i get the chance.
You won't be sorry, the 3PKS is the best radio I've ever owned. I'll probably get a 4PK in the future but I needed a module based TX because I already owned 5 Futaba PCM and 3 FM receivers. Telemetry and PC control is nice but with Nomadio's track record I chose the 3PKS over the React. Even the best TX is worthless if you can't get receivers or parts, I've owned Futaba radios since 1990 and have never had one failure. I did accidentally reverse polarity to a receiver and Futaba repaired it for $35, how many RC companies still support something that was made in 1990 ? In fact the RX was a R113i which is still available new, that's why I'm loyal to Futaba. Nomadio's excuse of shifting focus to military projects is pathetic, are they that small that they can't hire a few more people to support their hobby division ? I will never support a company that can sell a $450 radio and not support it. It's too bad because they dropped the ball on a revolutionary product that could have made them the radio of choice. I'm not a huge fan of Spektrum but if I were in the market for a new radio and wanted telemetry the DX3S would be a no brainer. I don't think Nomadio will weather this storm and don't see them in the hobby business much longer.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
46u

I only paid $220 new for my React with shipping and got a extra RX and temperature sensor for free. Yes I agree if Nomadio is so busy with there other products they need to hire more people for the hobby end. For right now I have enough Nomadio RX for my racers and for my bashers I use my old Spektrum RX with my React TX.

The React radio system sells for around $270 with one TX not $450. I do under stand what you are saying but at this point I am not going to dump what I have for something else.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: NitroVette

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

You won't be sorry, the 3PKS is the best radio I've ever owned. I'll probably get a 4PK in the future but I needed a module based TX because I already owned 5 Futaba PCM and 3 FM receivers. Telemetry and PC control is nice but with Nomadio's track record I chose the 3PKS over the React. Even the best TX is worthless if you can't get receivers or parts, I've owned Futaba radios since 1990 and have never had one failure. I did accidentally reverse polarity to a receiver and Futaba repaired it for $35, how many RC companies still support something that was made in 1990 ? In fact the RX was a R113i which is still available new, that's why I'm loyal to Futaba. Nomadio's excuse of shifting focus to military projects is pathetic, are they that small that they can't hire a few more people to support their hobby division ? I will never support a company that can sell a $450 radio and not support it. It's too bad because they dropped the ball on a revolutionary product that could have made them the radio of choice. I'm not a huge fan of Spektrum but if I were in the market for a new radio and wanted telemetry the DX3S would be a no brainer. I don't think Nomadio will weather this storm and don't see them in the hobby business much longer.
Yes i should had went with the 4pk, i got my controller a month before it came out but i couldnt wait then and i heard and read so many good things about the Sensor and wanted it since it first came out at $520. If i had any idea the support would just fall off like this i would had probably got the 3pk 2.4ghz instead. I was thinking of getting the 3PM 2.4ghz since i dont race (not yet), its just under $200 and does all i need it to. The Nomadio does more than enough and i payed $360 for it brand new and it was amain's last one. I will stick with it for now and decide what i want to do after christmas.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 PM
46u

Well I was setting up my Nomadio RX and it is bad out of the box. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-14-2008, 09:28 PM
SManMTB

Nomadio makes a great product.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
46u

Nomadio makes a great product.
When they make them! LOL [X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.