Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Receiver Durability

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
01s0uljah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Durability

How well are receivers usually built? I've got a Futaba R603FF Fasst receiver and I was planning to do some serious bashing this summer.. The receiver is held down by double sided servo tape but theres no padding or anything.. And the last thing I want is to spend another 110 bucks on a new receiver...
Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Receiver Durability

Receivers are generally pretty sensitive pieces of equipment. Under heavy bashing, if not adequately protected (padded), they will eventually break, even though Futaba stuff is pretty bombproof as a rule. I suggest you use two thicknesses of servo tape and put as much padding around it as you can, if you plan to really bash the hell out of it.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 PM
01s0uljah

I have taken apart the receiver to change the antenna. and its a double stacked chipboard... Looks very sturdy.. But I absolutely do not have the room to add extra padding on it because the lid is already pressing down on the wires that connect to the receiver..

How would you guys wrap it? Are there any pictures floating around?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple of thicknesses of regular bubble wrap would do the trick. They are pretty sturdy, but no electronics like vibration.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:59 PM
01s0uljah

I was just reading the manual and it says NOT to wrap it around in foam due to the heat the receiver produces.. As 2.4Ghz is less prone to vibration damage.. Can anyone verify this?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
flyfisher000

Just get the 3M super heavy duty Tape and you will be fine. The truck will break in half before the receiver comes off. Do not wrap the receiver with anything let it breath as much as posible.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
JLRevo

It should hold up fine like mine has.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Airbus 9e

The only Rx's I ever broke were aftermarket ones.....The factory Futaba Rx's are tough as nails....I have a couple 20+ year old Rx's with the old pin style plugs that still work just fine.....