Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

What do yall recommend for a radio and receiver.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

What do yall recommend for a radio and receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
dakotanut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do yall recommend for a radio and receiver.

I'm in the process of getting an O'donnell Z01 T/B. I was wondering what a good inexpensive radio and receiver for it would be? Sorry for the double post. What would yall recommend? I was really looking into the 2.4 G Hz stuff. If that is correct. I don't want AM cause I'm tired of the big antennae. They get broken to easily. I'm an amateur at this thing. So I'm hoping that yall will have some info for me. I've looked at Futaba, Air tronics, and Hitec. I'm just a dunce when it comes to this. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Mick.C.

Default RE: What do yall recommend for a radio and receiver.

there are a lot of things to consider, 1st what sort of price range are you looking at, 2nd is this something that you think you will stick at (if so bite the bullet and buy good stuff)
Old 09-19-2009, 01:36 AM
dakotanut

I went to a track with my kids last night. We are bitten. So I'm pretty sure we will be doing this for awhile. Price is a consideration. I'm not rich. All I have now are 2 radios that are AM. I'm not real sure about features and stuff with radios. I would think as long as I pulled the trigger and turned the wheel the vehicle would respond. Is there more to them? I'm pretty new to this but, considering that this is the electronic age, I'm sure they are cramed with all kinds of goodies. I just don't know what. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
01s0uljah

Not just because I have one. But I'd recommend you getting a Futaba 3PM-x 2.4Ghz FASST (I've got the 3PM original) and I've never worried about anything after that.. Simply as that
Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
dakotanut

Those are kinda expensive though aren't they? I was hoping to spend like maybe $100 or $150. The only feature I'm looking for is being able to use it with more than one vehicle. I did find that out.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
gtr

I suggest KO EX5UR with 2rx , best buy.