Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

TopSpeed Slash Platinum w/RC GearShop 3900kv brushless system. 12T pinion

Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

TopSpeed Slash Platinum w/RC GearShop 3900kv brushless system. 12T pinion

Old 04-09-2017, 12:19 AM
rtabcum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TopSpeed Slash Platinum w/RC GearShop 3900kv brushless system. 12T pinion

This Slash Platinum kit originally came with the VXL system that I had so much problems with stuttering during hard acceleration. I tried replacing radio system, adding inline glitch capacitor, talking to Traxxas technical support but nothing worked. The only time I can run the car without any issue is to use a lower capacity battery or with less "C" discharge rating. Contemplating on just selling the car, I tried replaced the stock VXL with the cheap RC GearShop 80A ESC and the 3900kv motor. To my surprise, the RC GearShop system worked very well.

Because the RC GearShop 3900kv motor turns so much faster than the Velineon 3500kv motor, I drop from the stock 13T pinion down to a 12T. The speed was still in the 40+ mph range and the torque was very good, on par with the stock VXL system. The motor only got warm from running hard but never hot. Not bad for a 6+ LB car. The Turnigy 6000mAh 3s 65C battery was able to keep the car running over 25 minutes hard.

Here is a quick video so a few speed runs.

https://youtu.be/kS7KKp5B4nk
Old 05-18-2017, 02:05 AM
Traction Hobby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your sharing,maybe someone has the same problem.too.