Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

Road side police speed detector

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

Road side police speed detector

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:36 PM
cordia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road side police speed detector

I saw a post awhile back and I just had to try it. Someone said they were going to tape there RC car passing a road side speed detector. Well the police set one up down the street from my house so I got my camera and street tires out.

The problem with this is my RS4 evo 3 is set up for drifting and I haven't ran it a high speeds ever. and the street tires and wheels are the ones that came with the car. Well first off the cop that saw me running past the speed trap stoped and told me to leave and not to mess with the speed trap. So after he left I came back and tryed to get some good runs at it before I taped it and I ended up crashing HARD.

I was doing about 40MPH and I had a blow out(the back passanger side tire came unglued and came off the rim) and the car started to spin and then went off the road and into a ditch and then fliped out of the ditch and slid back across the road.[sm=confused.gif]

The worse part is I didn't get it on tape. and the good part is theres no damage other than the dirt and scratches. O and the exhaust was knocked off.

I will try to get it back on the road before they move it so I can get some top speed videos.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:23 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road side police speed detector

Haha, that sounds like a F-1 crash scene.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
suicide2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road side police speed detector

I took my revo out a couple of days ago and where i was running it a cop was in the parking lot. So i fired it up and wasnt even really warmed up yet made 2 passes in front of him not thinking anything about it and he yells at me "27" "33" Im like what the hell, So i walk over to him and asks if the gun actually catches the truck. He tells me yep. so i ask if he has a minute to get it fully warm then run by him. BUT, unfortunatly he tells me he has to go so.......... Couldnt get a good run, plus i only had half a parking lot that was about 200 ft long. That could of been pretty cool.
He did tell me if i was there when he came back i could do it but by then i already ran the revo and the savage and was on my way home.