Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

X-Cam II *on-board savage-x cam*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

X-Cam II *on-board savage-x cam*

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 AM
pulse213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Cam II *on-board savage-x cam*

So far the X-Cam is handling what the Savage-X is throwing at it. [>:]

Here's a clip of a new Bash-pit/race track we've started construction on. I spent all last weekend moving dirt with the skidloader. Still dry and loose with clods and rocks,but a few of us had to try out what we had finished so far. Just a little ruff yet. We need rain!!

No wheelies, house jumping, or truck trashing, just a play in the dirt day. Sorry to all of you that get off on carnage at others expense. Maybe in the next vid.

I had to compress this file a long ways to load on putfile,so choose the "view size 320" below the screen when it pops up.

Click here to watch X-Cam-II for slow modems
Click here to watch X-Cam-II for fast modems

I added a link for faster modems with a 50% compressed file.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: X-Cam II

Another awesome video from you . Thats by far the best on-board video I've ever seen. What mini cam is that anyway?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:43 PM
pulse213

Default RE: X-Cam II

Thanks, I get a bang out'a making these videos about as much as the bashing itself. Might as well post them,someone else might enjoy them. Thought it would be cool to see things from an onboard driver's perspective,but didn't want to mess with a receiver and a laptop at the bash site. Just start and run.

I used the Samsung Sportcam X105. It's now obsolete but there are newer more expensive versions out. Came with an external lens,so the mini-cam stays protected inside a HD case mounted to a side plate on the Savage-X. Not sure what the weight is,guessing around 1/2 lb. Doesn't seem to effect the handling much,but you might notice it on the track.

You should see it in high (720) resolution! It takes better video than my old digital Sony High-8,which was the washed out external footage in the vid. The original file was 95 MB,but had to compress it way down to work on putfile's 25 MB limit.

I'll make more vids with it as I have the time. Have a bashathon with big air coming up in 6 weeks,trying not to destroy before then.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: X-Cam II *on-board savage-x cam*

Haha yeah don't wanna break that cam before you can get some big air shots. Thanks for the cam info but that added weight might help even out the field so people can catch up to me with the 1/8 buggies . I deffinatly look forward to seeing more of your videos its always cool to see what the truck sees.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
cars_on_fire

nice video man

keep it up
Old 05-01-2006, 10:46 AM
pulse213

Gotta bump-n-grind video (with another member from here) that I'm currently working on. Sum hard wacks on each other,should be fun. 2 savages going at it. Can't believe the camera still works.