Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

FAST AND FURIOUS!!!!

Me and a buddy went to see the latest F&F movie yesterday (I promised not to make Ricer/Riceboy comments, even though I was tempted.) and it got me thinking. We have this drift car in the lineup.... lets make a similar type of movie. No storyline, no dialouge, nothing fancy (Like those guys from Singapore) but a fun, fast paced movie about our drift car.

We're not big import fans, but we did like the moves we saw on the big screen while watching The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift, so we tried our hand at some. The movie shows our results. Check it out by going to the address below...

[link]http://www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Movies.html[/link]

Let us know how we can set the car up better, drive it better, make future movies better, or just lead better lives in general! Thanks in advance guys
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

RE: FAST AND FURIOUS!!!!

Lol, that was pretty cool. I haven't seen the movie, so I can't comment on how accurate the stunts were to the film, but either way nice job. I can only imagine what it must have been like to film this. Laying there on the ground trying not to get hit by the car
    A happy Stampede owner.

Well the driver was pretty good at staying away from the camera, but the real hard part was keeping my hand on the zoom ring while he was going around. He would go from far away to really close and then start turning. I had to turn the ring and try to keep it in sight the whole time... that was the only tricky part. Then there was me spinning around to try and keep it in the shot the whole time. Oh well, at least the footage was good.

Thanks for the comment! Anybody else have anything to add?
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

What should we try and recreate for the next video? We want to take the car to a parking lot and try to recreate some movie scenes. What are some that we can do with minimal preparation?
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It would be cool to mount the camera on another car and follow the drifter around. You should probably have a race, since that is what the movie is about. I ahevn't seen it, but Ive seen the other two.
    92% of teens have switched to rap music, if you are part of the other 8%, put this in your sig.

Yeah, we're thinking about what to do for the next one. We have some ideas, but we think we want to do something with a bit of a plot next time. Not like an intricate dialouge, just some cool graphics and a nice little thing to keep the brain going while you're watching.

Any more ideas for the next one?
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Didn't really seem related to Tokyo Drift IMO but a cool video nonetheless. Made me a little dizzy though

The next movie will be shot with a different camera. That way we won't have to worry about making people dizzy.

We also want some opinions about a possible story line for the next one. Anyone have any ideas?
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool video, but I did not feel it was even similar to the real movie. Having a couple cars envolved and some type of race would be cool. Maybe even have a course of some type (to recreate the racing through the street). Also if you could do a scene like the parking garage.
    John
    Evader ST powered by Traxxas Velineon

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had a hard drive problem (Popped some components on the control board.... POP FIZZLE POOF) so all the footage is gone. All I really have left is what I have on our server, so I have to go download all the stuff again. This gives me a reason to go out and try some of these suggestions.... I need to replace the old footage with something, why not something you guys will like!?!?
    TEAM PLATINUM RACING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you should do the jump with elanore from gone in 60 secs.lol
    Traxxas Jato 2.5r

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the heli chase sceene would be cool to try and do or mabey the sceene where they drive the (i think a porshe) through the window and drive after that from gone in 60 seconds. idk they are just some ideas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice vid
    Someone hates you.That someone is ME.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You should do a scene from that movie where that dude is driving a drifter car and Godzilla stomps that POS into the ground!!!! Sorry I just hate drifting LMAO. Did like your vid though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Platinum_Racing

What should we try and recreate for the next video? We want to take the car to a parking lot and try to recreate some movie scenes. What are some that we can do with minimal preparation?

the scene from Gone In 60 Seconds where nicholas cage jumps over the traffic on the bride using that little ramp on the back of the truck to escape the cops

that would be sick
    -you either turn with the world or you watch it spin-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that was a sick video man, and that body on the tc was INCREDIBLE!!!!![X(] I am a fan of bimmers, but the vid flowed nice the music matched and once again that has to be the coolest body ever.
    brushless and lipo b4 all the way!-aluminum nitro rustler!
    mini lst2!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It took the video a while to load but it was good!!!
    If it aint redneck it aint me