Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

Hot Bodies Lightning GT and a lil' Ramp..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

Hot Bodies Lightning GT and a lil' Ramp..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hot Bodies Lightning GT and a lil' Ramp..

My first vid - didn't put much time into it(as you can see..) - more just to go through the steps of making one to see if I could do it.. Kind of goofy, but oh well..

By the way, after this day of jumping, my steering was all screwed up - check out the MT forum if you think you can help.. 'Preesch..

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...agSprungen.flv
Old 09-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hot Bodies Lightning GT and a lil' Ramp..

The vid was pretty good but in my opinion there was to much jumping. I think you should have some dirt stuff and ramp-to-ramp jumps. Messing with curbs and stairs. And bushes androcks and stuff. Then I think it would be a really good vid. But for a just jumping vid, it was pretty good.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
quick1

pretty cool video
Old 09-07-2006, 01:57 AM
HerrSavage

Dude, where I live it is SSOOO hard to find a cool place to drive.. Normally I go to that same place, but WITHOUT the ramp.. Bought the ramp on e-bay a couple of weeks ago, so was excited to go try it out.. My girlfriend has taken SO much footage before of my Savage, but footage of Savages basically just driving back and forth ain't all that interesting.. Hopefully when I get my Sav back in one piece I can get a bit crazier with the ramp.. Only got one tank through, then had to switch fuels - up to %25 - and it wouldn't run right, so I tried to change the glow-plug but stripped the engine head out.. Hopefully there aren't any metal shavings down in there. This ramp is tiny, but you can get some good distance...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42442.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	520352  
Old 09-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Seek and Destroy

Thats a big jump you have in that pic.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM
HerrSavage

"Big" I wouldn't necessarily say, but I was surprised when I saw the pic - because I was standing in line with the ramp - how far it was.. I'd say it was probably at about %85-%90 top speed.. I was hoping to hit it at %100 as well as having the ramp propped up a bit, but just didn't get that far..(pun) That's the great thing about Savages, you can just fly off stuff at WOT and be pretty sure it'll be OK(mine's only f'ed up cuz I screwed in the damn glow-plug wrong..) Going to the LHS today to pick up the engine parts. I SHOULD probably clean the engine all out to make sure there are no metal shavings - but screw it.. Just gonna' look in from the top and if I don't see any, I'll take the risk.. Then, if my girlfriend assents...., AND if everything gets up and running, I'll hopefully go jumping again this weekend...