RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

RC in the head! No it's not the old video.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
secretsg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RC in the head! No it's not the old video.

501X - Hardcore Mode!

[link]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUKw23XelYY[/link]
Old 03-28-2007, 09:10 PM
RC freak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC in the head! No it's not the old video.

the car in the head part was hard....bim!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
MacPatton

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Someone post the old one please! The old one is funny as hell. I know it shouldnt be and I feel bad that I laugh when I see it but I cant help myself.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 PM
1/8racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well at least it wasnt a heavy gas buggy or truggy
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
crazy for rc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

still hurt thoe
Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i remember that track layout.. http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....e1129139a67d6e
it was pretty fun..
Old 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM
hamburger44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

man, that kid deserved it, runninaround in there, in everyones way, on shoes, or socs. But it wouldn't be funny if he was actually just marsalling >.<[:@]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
FrankB2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I only saw the kid for a second, and he didn't get beaned...??? Was that edited out?

Seriously....I think it's the responsibility of the track owner and the vehicle operator to keep the track clear. If that little
kid that I saw for a brief instant was injured, it would have been the fault of the track owner first and the vehicle driver
second. My wife is an attorney, and defending these cases is her specialty. If that kid were injured, warning signs would mean
zip to a plaintiff attorney and a jury (my wife spends the evening discussing cases like this), and her job would be keeping the
settlement to a minimum.

My wife had a case that just ended out of court: A young kid road his tricycle across the street, opened a fence to the neighbor's
pool, fell in and drowned. She did assign some negligence to the parents and the pool owner, as they were standing in the street
when this occured, but the pool owner was still liable for just over 7 figures. Don't skimp on homeowners insurance: many poeple
think they have more coverage than they really do. If a kid walks onto your front yard and you nail him in the head, that becomes
your problem. The degree to which it becomes your problem varies by state. My wife is currently defending a dog bite case in New Jersey,
and New Jersey law states that if your dog bites someone, you are liable...period. The plaintiff was biten in the face, and while there are
no visible scars, the judge has ordered the homeowners insurance company to pay at least $200,000. The plaintiff's attorney wants
$250,000, and they play BS mediation games before and during the trial with the attorneys and the judge.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
HerrSavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That kid deserved it. An ambulance-chaser might see it differently, but common sense is common sense - regardless of how a good lawyer can warp it...
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
FrankB2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just to be clear, my wife works the defense side. It's not just ambulance chasers wanting large settlements: the plaintiffs often want
more than their lawyers think is reasonable, and they can tie matters up longer than necessary. They get new attorneys, etc, and
you can have a claim/case haunting your life for well over a year before it's resolved[].

****Are you guys able to see the kid get hit in the video?

EDIT: The little kid doesn't deserve to get hit in the head with an R/C car. I like seeing crazy stuff once the inevitable occurs, but
where were the kid's parents??? That kid looks to be around 4-6 yrs old, and his parents ought to be watching him. Maybe that
was his dad driving...???...LOL!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:52 PM
RCtruckRacer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most states have laws that specifically require locking fences of certain sizes etc enclosed around a pool. If that were true of the state in the case mentioned above, that would go a long ways into explaining the outcome. In the above case, there was no doubt some mitigating circumstance in which the homeowner failed to comply somehow. Either directly with whatever statute covers a pool fence, or the court did not feel they made an attempt to make it reasonably secure.

It isn't the sign that would exclude the RC facility from liability, it's what could reasonbly be expected of someone who attends an event there. For instance, when you go to a hockey game, there is a 'waiver of liability' on the back. Buying the ticket for the game as I understand it forms almost a contract where you waive the facility's liability should you get hit by a puck. The same could be said of the race fee/RC facility and getting hit by a truck. When one goes to an RC race and marshalls, one can reasonably expect that person to have the knowledge that you need to look out for the cars on the track.

As you say, each state's statutes are different, and one case could go in different directions depending on if it is held in one state or another.

And yes, I could see (for a frame or two) the kid getting hit. I've always referred to this type of incident as natural selection. He was hardly paying any attention to what was going on. I hope he was OK though, and I hope he learned a lesson!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

a lot of kids get hit.. my own son has gotten hit..... there is a sign that states.. that if you get injured ,, the track is not responsible. they are already aware.. but the kids do go out and marshal for us... they like doing it for some reason..
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
MacPatton

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Its stuff that make me want to move to another country sometimes. If you hop the fence of someones yard and the dog bites you that should be on you. If you break in my house in the middle of the night Im gonna kill. I have children so damn the consequences. The kids parent is the dumbass who let him on the track so he should be responsible. Its stupid liberal BS like the crap youre describing that make folks go postal.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:18 PM
FrankB2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess this is still on topic.... Many of my wife's cases are bogus, but the cost of taking a case to court, hiring experts, surveillance
experts (hoping that the judge decides to allow video into the trial), etc leads to out of court settlements in most cases. My wife
represented a large corporation (260+ subsidiaries) from 1994-1999. Being that large, the cases were all over the US, Mexico, Japan, and parts of Europe.
Litigation costs become astronomical once things go out of state, and there's one other MAJOR factor that leads to out of court settlements: lawyers
get a regularly updated book of cases that made it to court (product liability). If it goes to court 3 times, it gets listed in the book. One of the subsidiaries
made wicker swivel chairs that were sold through JCPenney stores. The swivel bases had a habit of breaking, and there were already two
cases of these chairs going to court. My wife got a case in which an illegal alien (Mexico) sat on one of these chairs, the swivel broke and he fell on the
floor. His attorney wanted something like $100,000, and my wife gave him $50K. If the case had gone to court, that would have resulted in it being
published....my wife is telling me that the publication is online now.... so the fun is just a few clicks away[&o]. Anyway, the guy claimed lost wages,
pain and suffering, and he wasn't even supposed to be in the country!

After watching what my wife does (we're both 45) for a number of years, all I can say is CYA........
Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Beasley1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MacPatton

Someone post the old one please! The old one is funny as hell. I know it shouldnt be and I feel bad that I laugh when I see it but I cant help myself.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAfHkQeh6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAfHkQeh6I[/link]
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
FrankB2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 AM
martsrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HA HA! Good one!

Search this Thread