Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

XLB at Glamis

Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
jra111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XLB at Glamis

Just a quick edit of some dune footage . Shot with my HD video cam.
[link]http://www.vimeo.com/439276[/link]
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XLB at Glamis

Sweet video. The film quality is great. You got some nice air there at the end and I love when you drove along the side of the dunes kicking up some rooster tails.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

I. Want. One.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:39 AM
aarowsmith

Why oh why is the Xlb forgotten???
It was and still is a great handling fast little err I mean Big Huge buggy!!!
Anyone still love it??? hate it??? I personally love it.................I don't know why everybody at Hobby People are not into it and don't want to sell any. I thought this was more than just FAD?
Anyone???
Old 12-29-2007, 04:39 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have an XLB, not a bad thing.

Still, check out the Baja 5B videos at Glamis, you'll forget all about the XLB :P
Old 12-29-2007, 04:42 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRXuVvxHaqM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEOQbWCuVDQ

XLB, whats that? :P

Old 12-29-2007, 01:27 PM
aarowsmith

In all fairness to the XTM XLB line, first off it cost 1/3 used, or 1/2 new of what the HPI Baja 5b costs, second it is in a different class of r/c being that you still can use the XLB on a standard buggy race track, I doubt you could even turn the Baja 5b good as it is, it needs more running room and the XLB needs it as well, but the XLB can manuever on the track and turn much tighter. [>:]

And third, it is a heck of a lot easier to store it in your garage than the Baja 5b not to mention the weight of carrying the thing' around, and whole lot easier to work on, on the bench.

But I have to admit, the Baja 5b looks like a massive beast in the sand and Looks like fun, majorly!!!! [8D]

I do love all HPI products, I have owned several, and they are and seem to be very durable and well designed like the tank, Savage.

The Glamis video with the XLB is ok, I appreciate all the effort into making that, but you can make it more fun.........................

I do like the design of the XLB, but to do it properly in the sand at Glamis, you need to take away the front drive shaft and turn the XLB into a 2 wheel drive, and then maybe, if you want more power and speed, like the Baja 5b in the sand, get a high performance racing .28 engine with high rpm and gear it right for the sand and tune it with 35% nitro, fully break it in first on the bench.
And use the right glow plug, probably a medium heat range to a cold one.

Last work on softening the XLB suspension a bit and changing the spring rate and add your proper silicone weight in the rear diff and suspension, and your ready to have some real fun in the sand. Probably you want to install two new steel spur gears as well and play with the gear ratio a bit to see what works in the sand.

And oh yeay', get a pair of real good paddle tires in the rear, and smaller set of buggy tires in the front, (don't forget to take out the front drive shaft for two wheel drive action), for the real XLB buggy action in the sand!!![8D] I will try to post some of my videos soon if I have the time hopefully............................

'If you don't gun it', then Granny will pass you by'!!![&o]