Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

unknown buggy

Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
mypuppydog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default unknown buggy

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone out there know of this buggy. I'm currently restoring this and could not make out the manufacturer as I had already emailed SG or Manutua models because the fuel tank had SG on it. Manutua says it's a conglomeration of different companies!
The see thru shocks are held on by only body clips!! This was set up as 2wd rear wheel drive but had the option for 4wd. The front wheel hubs didn't have drive cups they had axles only. The front gear box is empty and that the 2 piece axle carriers had graduations and could be rotated. Weird!!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:36 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: unknown buggy

I had one of those long ago, I bought it the same place that I bought a Grasshopper clone from called The Lazer, but I can't recall the manufacturer of either one. As I recall it was never intended to be 4WD or at least the manual didn't even hint at an option. I think they used the same rear gear box up front as a way to save on making a different front suspension mount and to use the same arms front and rear. I also recall that those arm mount points on the gearbox housing broke allot, but it was a fast buggy and seemed far ahead of what else was out at the time. I think mine also had an orange roll cage, wish I could remember more, I hope someone turns up more on it.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Smiff 24

Sorry I cant help ID the buggy, but I love those clear shocks!
Never seen those before.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Nitrojunkie666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mypuppydog

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone out there know of this buggy. I'm currently restoring this and could not make out the manufacturer as I had already emailed SG or Manutua models because the fuel tank had SG on it. Manutua says it's a conglomeration of different companies!
The see thru shocks are held on by only body clips!! This was set up as 2wd rear wheel drive but had the option for 4wd. The front wheel hubs didn't have drive cups they had axles only. The front gear box is empty and that the 2 piece axle carriers had graduations and could be rotated. Weird!!
Looks like a 90's Siccome Magnum.

Look under Vintage TT thermique [link=http://www.rcmagvintage.com]rcmagvintage[/link]
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM
mypuppydog

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your replies much appreciated. I know what it is now its a MRC (model racing cars) French company 2wd buggy called "Rabbit Expert" circa 1986-88. This model is like a middle class in the range. There's basic model called "Junior Rabbit" nearly exactly the same as this "expert", and get this it has no oil filled shocks.. only mouse trap like springs for dampers. Check out a pic of the expert I found on the net. And check out my restored rabbit expert with rear exhaust hyper 21 engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63747.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1534651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77848.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	534.1 KB
ID:	1534652