Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

Anyone Remember a "Baja" from KB Toys?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Anyone Remember a "Baja" from KB Toys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 AM
roboscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Remember a "Baja" from KB Toys?

Hey all, I have been trying to figure out who used make this buggy sold in the 80s and thought that maybe some of you on the forum would know...

Lately, I have been remembering a buggy that they used to sell at KB Toys in the late 80s...

If I am remembering it correctly, I believe the car was an Almost RTR (unless it was actually a kit) it came with a remote, battery and charger. I am pretty sure it was called a BAJA and the box also had a picture of a racing helmet on it... This was one of those rare, expensive RC Cars sold at a toy store that was usually on display high in the air, above the showcase.

I remember that a friend of my sister's had bought this car and a few year's later, I rebuilt it for him using parts from (what I believe was) a good-for-parts Kyosho Optima 4WD that I had bought off a different friend in the early 90s. I remember the chassis was nearly identical to the Optima and it featured 4WD using the a Chain drive system.

Does anyone remember this car? Does anyone know who the manufacturer was? -It is not that important, I was just getting nostalgic of my R/C Car-buying days.. I was in elementary school at the time and always wanted a "real" R/C car... (I had only Nikko / Lobos up until then)... I would always look at this car when I stopped into KB Toys and my sister's friend, who had originally wanted an Ultima, got this car as a birthday present - I was so jealous... a year, or two later, however, I did get my first "real" r/c car - Kyosho Turbo Ultima... loved this car - I sill have it... and still occasionally take it for a spin.

Thank you, J
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
esaresky75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Remember a

Around 1987, I purchased a 4wd buggy from KB made by MRC (Model Rectifier Corporation). Don't remember if it was belt driven or what the box looked like. Do remember the car and box were red.