Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TB-01 dust cover with drivers (Rally)

Hello everyone.

Just joined this forum to learn more about the TB-01 chasis and see if there were any places that sold the dust cover with Drivers. I bought the kit via ebay and have most of what I need. Just need to find the dust cover and Drivers. I bought an Mitsubishi Evo 7. I am really excited to get it together and was surprised at how much things have changed since the late 90s. One thing that I was kind of surprised by is that a lot of cars are now RTR. The guy at my local hobby shop said most people don't want to build anymore...I always found that to be the best part. Anyway thanks for having this thread and hopefully someone could help me find parts for this excellent chasis.

brkn44

I have owned a Tamiya Fox in 1985, a Tamiya Golf 4 1999 and now the jump to TB-01 Evo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: TB-01 dust cover with drivers (Rally)

Hello you

I have heard somewhere of one on Tamiyaclub.com that reproduces these interiors that you can adapt to suit what car you like, but anyone; do correct me if i am wrong. I guess someone knows his name and can direct you to him if this is correct though

And do show us some pics of your car, i am a great rallycar-fan myself!
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The guy selling it on eBay probably put the kit together by buying separate part trees / screw bags.. ?! And he can't get the dust cover cause that's been discontinued...
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats what I figured. I just got the kit in the mail and it is complete. As for the dust cover I guess I will just keep looking on ebay. I have one coming though, cause I just won a TB-01 Subaru that is a complete kit. Maybe I can figure something out with making a home made dust cover for the Evo. I will take some pictures when I get the kit rolling. Its my first AWD build so it should be fun. My son is excited too... My wife, on the other hand, wants to make a giant Evo Jello mold with the plastic shell! LOL

Thanks brkn44

PS: Lars you are so lucky to have the WRC so close to you. Do you attend when they are up in Northern Europe? I would have to travel to Mexico if I ever wanted to attend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hah! Never thought of that, making jelly in a car body

Well, i am a bit ashamed to say that i have never attended a WRC-rally here, i would have to go to Sweden then for the closest rally. Finland would have been nice as this is in the nice and warm part of the year
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good luck and keep us posted.. make sure you check out the TB-01 thread.. plenty of information and discussion there.. !!
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Everyone,
    Well I have gotten my kit together and am now painting the shell. I had no stickers for the shell that I got with the kit from ebay so my wife suggested we do a process called decoupage(sp?). I scanned and then printed the sheet that I have with the other complete shell I got from Tower Hobbies. Anyway, it worked like a charm. We applyed it to the inside and then painted over it when we did the color. It bled throgh in spots, so I may have to get some sticker paper and just apply the stickers to the outside. I think if I had more paitience it may have worked much better. I will post some photos and maybe a video to youtube.

brkn44

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey everyone! Things here have been good on the TB-01 front. The car is together and running sweet. My first body that came with the ebay car has been painted in a style as Sonic for my son. It is kind a street racer look. He is 5 and loves it. I bought the official evo 7 body kit from Tower so I have to start that soon. I also scored a dust cover and figure set on ebay for $20. That was a cool find. There is also this store called Team Blue Groove (teambluegroove) that will be looking into making Dustcovers for the TB-01! It may take a month or so for the piece to get tooled and out to ebay, but it looks really promising for all of us who have either broken them or never had them. They really like the Tamiya 959 so check em out they have a pretty good selection on ebay. Anyway here are some pictures. See ya, Brkn44

PS: The whole jello mold thing was a flop, when it came out it kinda just flattened out, but you could see the detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72544.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	1654445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc92518.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	1654446  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are pictures that didn't make it the first time.
    brkn44
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64980.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	1654447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vr53148.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	1654448