Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tamyia parts interchangeability?

Hey guys, i pulled a relic out from the back room and just want to have a little fun with it. Its an old Tamiya M01 chassis. I cleaned it up and checked the gears, all looks good. Converted stuff around so now its set up as an M02. Missing the shocks and in need of some bearings and electrics but should be fun!
    As im looking over the M chassis it looks like alot of the same design was just reworked but still as if some parts were used between the chassis, anyone have any input? Also ive read there were 2 wheel base options for the M01/01, yes/no? would this limit body options?
    Thanks in advance everyone!
    RB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tamyia parts interchangeability?

okay, scratch the old M01/02 chassis. that will stay on the shelf in good keeping. Ive decided to revive my tamiya hummer! Truck looks awesome in its 1/12 scale form and H1 were originally front and rear independant suspension. Ive had this truck for atleast a decade and never messed with it.
    Im thinkn this may end up being a very simple "scale" rig build. Still though im left wondering the difference ob=n the chassis with the TA01/02 and Manta Ray set ups, any thoughts or input on hop ups?
    Thanks
    RB