Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tamiya hotshot rebuild

First off let me introduce myself a bit !
    My name is Chris, currently 23 years old and I'm alll the way from the tiny piece of land most people call the Netherlands.
    Haven't really done a lot with rc cars the last 3 or 4 years, but a while back I managed to buy a mint Marui Galaxy RS for really cheap and the itch for more vintage rc's came back.. plus the fact I make enough money to afford this stuff helped as well

About the project, I got this badboy for really cheap (€35,- inc. shipping, about $45USD), the ad it was in had really unclear photos, but I saw a clear unpaintedbodyand no.5847 on the box so I just took the risk and bought it.
    When it finally arrived it turned out to be a case of used 2 times and stowed away, lucky me!
    Pretty much everything seemed to be there, seeing the clear body on the photo's I kinda prepared for there not being any decals there, but they turned out to be tucked away in the manual, so now the only thing I managed to find missing was the battery support bracket thingy, other then that it seems to be all complete.

Now for some photo's, I'm sorry that the photo's are a but blobby.. but my batterys where almost dead

Also got this nice radio set to keep it nice and old school ( once again, really cheap €15,- inc shipping about $20USD)

That's all for now, hope to be able to post a update soon!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tamiya hotshot rebuild

Wing is on backwards!
    Tamiya-King Tiger (H), Tiger, Pershing, Sherman, Panther G, PZIV, Leopard 2A6. Hybrid Tamiya/Matorro-Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger. Taigen-PZIII (metal). Hooben-Elefant. In the works-Lowe and E-100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

love that car i have one as well havent used in a while enjoy it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The good thing about restoring old Tamiya cars is that many of them have been re-released so parts are pretty easy to come by.
    Very nice find, btw.
    God bless America