Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Tamiya hotshot rebuild

Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
FreeFall89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya hotshot rebuild

First off let me introduce myself a bit !
My name is Chris, currently 23 years old and I'm alll the way from the tiny piece of land most people call the Netherlands.
Haven't really done a lot with rc cars the last 3 or 4 years, but a while back I managed to buy a mint Marui Galaxy RS for really cheap and the itch for more vintage rc's came back.. plus the fact I make enough money to afford this stuff helped as well

About the project, I got this badboy for really cheap (€35,- inc. shipping, about $45USD), the ad it was in had really unclear photos, but I saw a clear unpaintedbodyand no.5847 on the box so I just took the risk and bought it.
When it finally arrived it turned out to be a case of used 2 times and stowed away, lucky me!
Pretty much everything seemed to be there, seeing the clear body on the photo's I kinda prepared for there not being any decals there, but they turned out to be tucked away in the manual, so now the only thing I managed to find missing was the battery support bracket thingy, other then that it seems to be all complete.

Now for some photo's, I'm sorry that the photo's are a but blobby.. but my batterys where almost dead

Also got this nice radio set to keep it nice and old school ( once again, really cheap €15,- inc shipping about $20USD)

That's all for now, hope to be able to post a update soon!

Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Cruiser133

Default RE: Tamiya hotshot rebuild

Wing is on backwards!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
superchamp78
My Feedback: (15)

love that car i have one as well havent used in a while enjoy it
Old 12-22-2012, 01:00 PM
The Mad Modder

The good thing about restoring old Tamiya cars is that many of them have been re-released so parts are pretty easy to come by.
Very nice find, btw.