Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Subaru brat frame falling apart ?

Hi
    Not sure if this is right forum its new kit but old style model.
    Got the brat for xmas my favorite of all time RC car,I loved this car ever since I was a kid when it came out ! Well I did. Im putting it together and I notice where the metal support between the frame goes the plastic has broken away. SO im thinking man u must have tightened that up to tight but im thinking jeez I just got it snug,,didnt want to strip the plastic anyways I kept assembling it got the motor case installed and was waiting for bearing to arrive so I could finish the kit. Well when I got it back out today I notice that the plastic has now broken away from where the screws that hold the gear box into place are. Now for sake of argument Ill say there might have been a chance that I somehow over tightened the first screw which should have stripped the plastic not caused it to break off in a big chunk but theres no way I did it again as I was extremely careful after seeing the first piece break away to not tighten it the screws up more thatn snug...so Is there a recall on these things ? Is this a common known problem.This was 170.00 kit not cheap and to have the plastic just break apart where the screws go into it is completey BS not to mention they dont sell the frame. Im not talking a crack im talking whole area just crumbling away! There was no cracking or stress cracks while i was putting in the screws they were not even hard to screw in. The first one I saw must have happened about ten minutes after i put it in I have no idea how long it took before the second one started crumpling apart where the screw was at,because I just took it out today.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Subaru brat frame falling apart ?

Maybe it was over tightened, Ive had my Blackfoot, and Monster beetle for years and Ive beaten the crap out of my bfoot, Ive changed the chassis once because my cousin had a run in with a car tire.

I also have a Brat and a Frog with the original chassis.

This guy is very good with shipping and parts, I use him all the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAMIYA-F...item1e76087bcf
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also, sorry your having so much trouble with your Brat..
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey thank you for your help I looked again this morning and I see all the gear box mounts are cracking. I think this is defective plastic. I built a frog as a kid and I know for a fact that I was not very carful at 10 lol And I had that car until my 20s when I left that and half a dozen other tamiya cars in apartment when I left,,,wish I hadent done that. Thank you for the link what a relief to know I can get the frame I was soooo bummed out! I feel allot better now I couldnt find any frame on tamiyas site and tower had nothing either. thanks again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem, Ive used this seller for more than 2yrs without any complaints, if you browse the site most of the Brats parts are there so you will be ok for replacements.

You left your cars????? So sad.

Also, you can use RC Screwz for the F350, the fine thread will stay snug and wont strip out as easily. The rear end of my Blackfoot has them and they are just as tight as the day I first installed them, about 3yrs now.