Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

1986 Kyosho Ultima

Figured my first post would be about the first of two rc cars I'm working on getting running. The first one is my older cousin's late 80's Ultima.
    I started with this car as the electrical was somewhat working, speed controller had forward and the steering servo worked.
    The first issue I found was the plastic top of the chassi is cracked up front, and is missing a piece on the opposite side.
    I am wondering what others would do with this? I have a plate of carbon fiber hybrid left over from another project, and am wondering if I should use it here, or use something else.
    I know this is why my cousin upgraded to the next car I'm restoring, but I'd like to get this one running, even if it's just to bomb around our large driveway.

Here is the break.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130911_124647.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	1919206
    Another issue is the tires. The front left is partly pealing off and the others need to be reglued. Should I reglue or just replace the rim and tires, and with what?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm also working on two original Ultima buggies. Its common for the plastic upper deck to crack or break. If you can cut a new upper deck out of carbon fiber, go for it. Another option you have is to check ebay for the aftermarket upper deck made by JG. Its made out of fiberglass and was a pretty popular upgrade.