Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Kyosho Turbo Optima counter gear removal

Does anyone know how to get the counter gear off? On my Ultima, you remove the C clip on the one side, and the shaft slides out the other through the gear. This car, the shaft doesn't move, and I didn't want to apply any real force and break something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131009_181608.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	968.7 KB 
ID:	1928508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131009_181546.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	912.6 KB 
ID:	1928509  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Silly question... Did you loosen the grub screw on the final pinion? It's under the gear box hatch on the top of the diff housing. If the c clip is out, that's about the only thing that could hold the shaft in there.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I found the grub screw but didn't know the top opened and had to split open the gear box to get in. I suspect the top port is glued shut.
    Lomg story short, the chain was messed up amd ended up killing the spare counter and center gear when it locked up. Unless I can find a better set of gears (oem replacements are $60 each with shipping) I suspect this car will sit on the shelf.