Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Original Team Associated RC10 vs. remake how to identify differences?

I believe I scored a pretty sweet basement find.
    An older guy in town was cleaning out some junk from the basement and listed an original 1980's Team Associated RC10 buggy for sale on a classified site. It has everything original from when his kid ran it back in the 80's including motor and mechanical speed controller. The only issue it has is one broken steering arm and no radio.
    Now doing a bit of research, I found the TA rereleased the buggy as a classic.
    I haven't found any site or list of what is different between the original and new. I'm assuming the electronics, but anything else?
    Any known issues in the original that may have been corrected in the rerelease?

I forgot to mention, the car excluding the radio cost me a whole $20.

the white plastics are not as white and the gold anodizing is slightlly off on the remakes but the trannys (6 gear) are the same with "brushless capable" gears that fit in the old tranny
    the rear bulkhead and battery strap where slightly changed to fit lipos other than that they are a perfect copy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You scored, Dude. Go to Tower Hobbies website, and click on TA rc10 classic, then click on parts. Everything you'll need is right there. I believe RC Car Action did an article on the RC 10 Classic last year, check their website.