RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

In box 1985 Radio Shack Audi Quattro

Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Northern Mike

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default In box 1985 Radio Shack Audi Quattro

I picked this car up on a whim and all I can say is wow. Its unfortunate that I only had it for a couple days before trading it for the sweetest deal ever.
I picked up through one of the local online classifieds a never out of the box 1985 Radio Shack Audi Quattro. The box had signs of sitting on a shelf, but the car was totally mint. The tires had no marks on them and even the battery contacts appeared to have never seen a battery.
I thought I would share a couple pictures of it before it gets packed up.

The second car in the picture is a B chassis Team Associated RC10.

Anyone disappointed I flipped this car will be happy to know, it's being replaced by some rare 1940's, still in their box balsa wood plane kits. These won't be flipped. Will sell for the right price, but doubt they are going anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140211_215217.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1967867   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_20-1-1.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	1967868  
Old 02-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Blkft1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Audi is pretty cool,been trying to find one at a reasonable price along with the Porsche 962C. I have a decent Porsche 935 Turbo beater that runs ok, just needs to be cleaned up. Sometimes these older Radio Shack cars show up on Craigslist, like the Golden Arrow and such, kind'a cool. Been toying around with about ordering a RJ Speed 3.2 pan car and Porsche 962 body and making something cheap and similar to the RS 962C to have fun with.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Northern Mike

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Audi apparently was somewhat rare as I had the mirrors and car antenna. (Not receiver but scale antenna). All the ones I've seen for sale are missing them.
There is a Golden Arrow for sale in my area, mint in box. I'm going to see if I can talk him down a bit then pick it up.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:04 PM
cmarti

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone know for how much these Audi Quattros were being sold back in the 80's? I had one but I don't recall how much my Mom paid for it.

Search this Thread