Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Monster Beetle Xtreme

Hi Guys.
    Apologies for the multiple posts but..
    I've been working on a little project for my son.
    Its started as a BF3 kit and i added bearings and ansmann shocks.
    i bought a scorcher shell kit and fitted it to the chasssis using the original MB hole locations and modified mounts.
    the front is the original BF3 mount but with the post located in the center by using washers and unused plastic bushings.
    The rear mounts are just the stock BF3 mounts turned on thier side and mounted to an aluminum bracket...easy peasy!

I was going to go for a Re-Re paint job, shorten the chassis and rit dye the wheels gold, but time got the better of me so i went for a retro paintjob in coral blue..

Looks nice. The Monster Beetle look without the Monster Beetle price tag

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    yup. i got the Blackfoot 3 kit on ebay for $125 and the scorcher shell kit for $40 and a Flysky GT2b radio for $40 so a Monster beetle for around $200 is a bargain! ( and no need to worry about driveshafts/gearboxes and 30 year old plastic.