RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

3D printed micro vintage TAMIYA off-roaders kit

Old 08-10-2017, 06:30 PM
ican3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 3D printed micro vintage TAMIYA off-roaders kit

Projects: 3D printed 1:24 scale micro vintage TAMIYA off-roader kit
Hey guys, just sharing another one of my home projects creating 3d printing body kits of classic replica of TAMIYA buggies for micro scale R/C models.
Born in the 70's and i witness the golden era of classic awesome off-road of the 80's and 90's particularly TAMIYAs and not forgetting MARUI, KYOSHO and others. Back to present day i own several TAMIYA vintages but that wasn't enough for me. I've been eyeing on some cool ones that hard to come by model but price wise not really friendly for my pocket. Having lots of 1:24 scale R/C chassis laying around the hangar i found some micro off-road model having similar chassis layout as classic 1:10 scale tub HOTSHOT/BOOMERANG/SUPER SABRE/BIGWING look alike chassis. So with bright ideas i decided to recycle this chassis and scratch build my own vintage classic TAMIYA armed with 3d modelling and 3d printing tools. So i decided to post "work in progress" stuff and also how the miniature vintage evolve on this threads. The 1:24 base chassis i'm using come from cheap 4WD SUBOTECH. ( https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-...24-scale-truck)
Once the project completed i'll post link for everyone to freely download the 1:24 scale kit 3d printing file (*.STL) for everyone to create and print their favorite nostalgia buggy.
So for today just showing my recent WIP project on 1:24 HOTSHOT buggy. After this will be progressing towards building the BOOMERANG and most likely the BIGWIG.

Photos:

Old 08-12-2017, 06:38 PM
ican3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

3D Printed TAMIYA HOTSHOT kit project completed
Behold!!! The 3D printed replica of TAMIYA HOTSHOT in 1:24 scale completed! Fear its glory and awesomeness on palm of your hand for this is cool mini size classic and nostalgic little buggy a must have for every TAMIYA classic enthusiast! Oh, dont worry i'll post the *.STL file soon for those who have 3D printer. Make sure you have 1:24 scale SUBOTECH off-road chassis.

Photos:

Old 08-13-2017, 04:39 PM
ican3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Work progress: The BOOMERANG
In progress 3d modelling another legendary classic The BOOMERANG buggy.

Photo:

Old 08-13-2017, 04:49 PM
ican3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TAMIYA BOOMERANG: 50% completion

Just completed modelling and 3d printed several parts of the BOOMERANG, what's left is some minor parts like rear wing spoiler and holder for it the can proceed to painting and decals printing. The main BOOMERANG body took 5 hours to print when compare against HOTSHOT which only took 2 hours only. However my 3d Printing ABS filament almost finish and a roll of ABS plastic filament have been ordered so i can proceed to build more replicas.

Photos:

Old 08-15-2017, 10:08 PM
ican3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's another one, while waiting for 3d printing ABS filament roll to arrived i keep my self busy modelling the 3rd my favorite classic model, the BIGWIG! Slightly harder to model and more likely to have lots of parts to print and assemble because of front vertical shock mount.

Photos:

Search this Thread