Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Reviving RC10T

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 AM
heypal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviving RC10T

Hello all!

So I was big into RC about 20 years ago. Then college, work etc. However, I still have most of my stuff and now I have a son interested in the hobby. That said, I still have my RC10T that I bought in 1995. Tekin ESC, brushed stock motor..a Trinity Green Machine 2, futaba radio. All of the NIcad batteries are toast. What are my options to get the truck back up in running? Will I be able to take advantage of the crazy long run times of today? Back in the 90's we were lucky to get 8-9 minutes!

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 11-07-2017, 05:00 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you got a working T4, great. If you get it up and running and break something, parts are out there, but they are getting harder to find. And they are not cheap. Most people would probably cringe at the notion of running the classic.

Wanting longer run times? I would tell you to look at LiPo packs. High capacity NiMh packs cost as much or more than a lot of LiPo battery packs. LiPo batteries will require you to purchase a new charger though.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot of the parts from the original GT fit the T. Won't fit on the T4 but they fit the T. Front half, a lot of the back suspention fits also. I still have my T and run it all the time.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
If you got a working T4, great. If you get it up and running and break something, parts are out there, but they are getting harder to find. And they are not cheap. Most people would probably cringe at the notion of running the classic.

Wanting longer run times? I would tell you to look at LiPo packs. High capacity NiMh packs cost as much or more than a lot of LiPo battery packs. LiPo batteries will require you to purchase a new charger though.
I meant RC10T.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:50 AM
heypal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I am not familiar with the LiPo scene. I have heard horror stories of fires if not treated correctly. Is this still the case?