Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Return of Lunchbox..

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 06:34 PM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Return of Lunchbox..

Out of all of the RC i've collected over the years, i must admit that my Lunchbox is still one of the most fun, bar none.

You said it perfectly, fuga!!! Cause without FUN.....nobody would stay in this hobby!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is not the best handler in snow.. (RWD only, with open diff..) But it was a lot of fun on hard packed snow like in the pic.. u can do power slide and donuts..

It is all about fun.. not about all out speed.. (for that, I'd choose a better platform to begin with.. something w/ 4WD and independent suspension..)
Old 03-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Lunchboxer

Don't worry about trashing the gearbox. I had a Pumpkin with a 10t motor and the gearbox never flinched.
You might want to try fabbing up a sway bar for the front. I always wished I had one.
That's good to know.. because I might change out the ESC and put in a hotter motor just to see what it will be like!

Sway bar.. hmm.. now that's an interesting idea!! I might just do that.. Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Lunchboxer

Now with Tamiya hop-up oil shocks on the back as well.. (still need to order a short one for the 3rd shock conversion..)

With its new playmate, Wild Willy 2... WW2 is equipped w/ ESC that can handle down to 13T motor, while the Lunchbox has the stock TEU-101.. time to get another radio too...

Old 03-12-2006, 05:10 PM
ob1n

Hey....now there's one I've never seen in real life before....WW2. It that a Re-introduced kit as well? Let us know how it runs/compares to the Lunchbox. Did you put bearings in those? Do they come with the kit? You're making me jealous dude!!!! Laters
Old 03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Lunchboxer

Hey....now there's one I've never seen in real life before....WW2. It that a Re-introduced kit as well? Let us know how it runs/compares to the Lunchbox. Did you put bearings in those? Do they come with the kit? You're making me jealous dude!!!! Laters
Yeah, it is the re-issue.. although, it is a completely different truck compare to the original.. just the exterior is similar..

Yes, both trucks have full ballbearings.. no, they are extra.. they don't come with those..

It is hard to compare.. the WW2 is much more advanced (double wishbone front and rear) but it also has a shorter wheelbase for the wheelie.. (this thing can drive with 2 wheels for a pretty long distance..! And this is w/ stock motor!) But I would have to say the WW2 handles better..

Neither are race quality, of course.. but it would be fun to race them against each other or with other similar trucks...
Old 03-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Haulin Azz

are those clod tires on the ww2?
Old 03-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Lunchboxer

are those clod tires on the ww2?
The tires on WW2 are the same tires on the Lunchbox.. they are 115mm diameter.. so I think they are smaller than the Clod tires.. (I am not familiar with Clod, though, so I don't know, but I think it is a much bigger machine, no?)
Old 03-12-2006, 07:15 PM

no the clod tires are like almost 2 times as big they look close to the same from far away...
Old 03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Lunchboxer

Ha ha, okay, thanks for clarifying that.. I might get a TXT-1 in the near future, and that one uses the same tires as the Clod, I believe..
Old 03-12-2006, 09:23 PM
ob1n

If you do....let me know...I've been contemplating one of those(TXT-1) or the Kyosho Twin Force.....Haven't heard anything about the TXT-1 or seen any video.....anybody know where I can find that???? Laters
Old 03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
cheeseclip

did the lunchbox come with the wheelie bar
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Lunchboxer

did the lunchbox come with the wheelie bar
Yup. Both Lunchbox and WW2 come with wheelie bars.. !! (Or they will simply flip over!)
Old 03-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Lunchboxer

If you do....let me know...I've been contemplating one of those(TXT-1) or the Kyosho Twin Force.....Haven't heard anything about the TXT-1 or seen any video.....anybody know where I can find that???? Laters
I guess I am just old school Tamiya guy, so I am partial to TXT-1..

Here's some good TXT-1 info:

[link]http://home.att.net/~dgelowitz/txt_faq/[/link]

[link]http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/tamiya_tx1.asp[/link]

[link]http://www.rc411.com/pages/reviews.php?review=32&page=5[/link]

Sounds like a bulletproof car to play with.. do some obstacle climbing..
Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
cheeseclip

flip over. man it must have some tourque
Old 03-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Lunchboxer

flip over. man it must have some tourque
Yeah, both of them would flip over if u are not careful..

Lunchbox has a longer wheelbase.. it won't flip over with the wheelie bar, but it would lift the front and bounce off the wheelie bar easily when you gun it..

If you do a reverse and then gun it, the Wild Willy would flip over even w/ the wheelie bar..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
mavtricks

Does anyone have pictures or information about how to mount oil filled shocks on a Lunchbox. I've read some stuff, but it's not clear to me if the U shaped parts you need to make the conversion come with the shocks or the kit.

Thanks for any info you may be able to give!
Shawn
Old 04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: mavtricks

Does anyone have pictures or information about how to mount oil filled shocks on a Lunchbox. I've read some stuff, but it's not clear to me if the U shaped parts you need to make the conversion come with the shocks or the kit.

Thanks for any info you may be able to give!
Shawn

Those brackets (4 of them) came with the kit.. you just need to get 4 Tamiya oil-shocks and it will have everything you need...

I mounted a 3rd shocks on the back so I had to buy a pair of extra bracket... they are like $3 a pair..

But you should have everythign you need in the kit already... but if you have lost them, just order them up from Tower.. you will be all set!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
mavtricks

Thanks you very much for the info lunchboxer. I just bought a lunchbox that has very little use off of ebay. I'm not sure if it will come with the brackets or not. If not, is there any way you could tell me what the part number is from tower? Thanks again!!

Shawn
Old 04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: mavtricks

Thanks you very much for the info lunchboxer. I just bought a lunchbox that has very little use off of ebay. I'm not sure if it will come with the brackets or not. If not, is there any way you could tell me what the part number is from tower? Thanks again!!

Shawn

Shawn,

You need 4 of these brackets:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLDX0&P=Z

So you need to order 2 (as they come in pairs) Basically, you need 2 for the front upper mounts (lower mounts are there already, the same as the non-oil shock mount), and 2 for the rear upper mounts..

They came with the kit, BUT, they don't go onto the car if it still has the stock friction shocks, and since you are getting it used, it probably does not come with all the spare parts.. But like I said, in the worst case, $6 and you are good to go!!

Good luck!!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
studysession

Love the snow/ice pic. You rock!@
Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: studysession

Love the snow/ice pic. You rock!@

Thanks man, I appreciate the comment! Just like to share my pics with everybody here, that's all.. as I always enjoy looking at other people's rides!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Lunchboxer

Finally got the new aluminum hex adaptor in to replace the stock weird looking hub.. nice.. no more breaking the hub.. !! But it also means that I can no longer run the Lunchbox stock wheel.. oh well.. gonna run Wild Willy 2 rear wheel on it from now on.. (use standard 12mm hex key)

This will last a lifetime.. no longer need to worry about the hub breaking! Lunchbox is now stronger than ever!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52111.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	469005  
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting my lunchbox today in the mail.

I was curious how you painted the body? I have a fresh can of Rustoleum Gloss Yellow and a Can of Rustoleum Gloss Clear and I want to make it look good. How'd you do yours?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: hunter306

I'm getting my lunchbox today in the mail.

I was curious how you painted the body? I have a fresh can of Rustoleum Gloss Yellow and a Can of Rustoleum Gloss Clear and I want to make it look good. How'd you do yours?

Good luck! I am sure you will have a blast!

I just use the spray can on my, that's all.. not even clear coat.. so you are probably ahead of me right there!!

Just prep the body (wash and clean with some soap to get rid of any oil) and spray it away from 1' away or so.. moving at a slow speed left and right.. move past the body and then come back for another pass and then repeat..

Remember to post some pictures!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.