Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 293 of 314 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 7844

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Return of Lunchbox..

Looks cool.. I really like the wheelie bar setup!

A question on how the rear shocks are mounted on the axle end, though.. using a through screw and a collar / sleeve does not seem to provide the same type of degree of freedom as ball studs (standard setup).. this binds the rear live axle somewhat, I think.. unless the sleeve is loose enough within the shock end..

I guess my question is with the current setup, does the rear axle has much flex at all?
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, the through screw won't let your shock ends move around like it does on the ball studs but even with the ball studs the freedeom is not that much in my opinion. There is a little space on the sleeve where it has short range freedom. I've always had problems with the ball studs and they would always break the plastic axle mounts from the pressure on the right side of the mount. When I switched to screw and collar it seemed like weight distribution was better for the axle mount and haven't seen a broken one since. The added wheelie bar and longer screw I think helps the weight distribution even more and very strong. There is still flex but I think it channels it more into the shocks now. I'll try to put up a video of a long wheelie, maybe this weekend. Thanks for the compliment Lunchboxer and the awesome mod ideas =)
    Lunchbox, Midnight Pumpkin, 1980s Clod, Super Clod Chrome, CPE Clod, E-Maxx, Blackfoot Extreme, Associated RC10, see garage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get a variation of the ball stud but w/ a through screw.. so you can put a nut on the other side.. to make it stronger, as you wanted... But that option is there!

I don't have a part # or anything, but I have definitely seen that before.. hope you know what I am trying to say... it looks like a ball stud, but without the screw portion.. and in the middle, it is a through hole.. and you can run a screw through it...

Alternatively, you can get a ball connector / stud with longer thread and still put a nut on the other side..

Just some idea...
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah that is a great idea, if Ifind some ball ends like that I'll include them in my next order especially if they have a hole to put a screw through. I might try a 25mm screw instead of the 20mm I have now because the nuts I have on the inside of the wheelie bar don't have much screw to thread but I put alot of thread locker on there, lol. Also on the outside there are nuts but a spacer could be used instead. The bottom screws I used where the old wheelie bar connected are 30mm and added aluminum spacers for added strength. By the way if any body wants to try this wheelie bar set up you can find it here.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXUGM4&P=K

It had so many holes in it that I knew it would fit on some how and if it didn't I would just drill them.
    Lunchbox, Midnight Pumpkin, 1980s Clod, Super Clod Chrome, CPE Clod, E-Maxx, Blackfoot Extreme, Associated RC10, see garage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good luck and keep us posted w/ your mods!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey LB do you use a BEC like CC BEC for example because of the S3305 Futaba HD Servo? It is only 124 oz. and draws up to 6 volts like the 3003s I was using before. My ESC internal BEC provides 6 Volts but is that enough with receiver as well you think?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

S3305 is not a huge servo.. I do not run an external BEC... You should be fine.. !

When you look at the BEC rating, you should look at the current handling capability.. (how many amp of current it can supply)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I couldn't help it... The box was so great and appealling. And its a classic from my childhood... I bought it for the kids? Thats what Iwill tell my wife at least lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64067.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	1564615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt61870.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	1564616  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice.. another LB owner! Welcome!

Make sure you get some ballbearings!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It can carry the lunch box,then i will love to have one like that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

iam going to add the ballbearings later. For now Ijust want an orignal stock Lunchbox, that and Ijust spent a ridiculous amount on RCin the last month but Ihavea nice new Blitz ESEand this lol.. Goes intopaint today for first coats of yellow. Ilove the re-release sets, lets me do all those things Icouldn't afford as a kid lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I began the planning and parts buying in October. The kit was started on Dec. 3, completed yesterday. I will post more pics this week.
    Rule #1 \"Never run it where people walk dogs!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, here is one more for now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is just much harder to open up the gearbox again to put in the ballbearings.. that's why I always recommend people to spend that extra $10 upfront...

ORIGINAL: Orcatkt

iΒ*am going to add the ballbearings later.Β* For now IΒ*just want an orignal stock Lunchbox, that and IΒ*just spent a ridiculous amount on RCΒ*in the last month but IΒ*haveΒ*a nice new Blitz ESEΒ*and this lol..Β* Goes intoΒ*paint today for first coats of yellow.Β* IΒ*love the re-release sets, lets me do all those things IΒ*couldn't afford as a kid lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice looking LB w/ a lot of mods! How is the wheelbar attached to the gearbox?!

Is your Blizzard nitro or electric version?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Iwould usually rather put them in the first time too. But by the time Ithought of it, Ihad already spent enough. It will happen in a month or two, same time as Ireplace the stock can wiht a slightly bigger tamiya engine, Ibought this to get the kids interested (originally) then realised how much fun it is to drive. Next project is to put up a shelf for my vehicles before the Avante becomes available... Iam itching for that one, it has to almost be the Holy Grail of Tamiya models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ha, have fun playing w/ your kids' new RC.. (joke)

Yeah, LB is great fun... and generally very durable.. always ready to go... !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Nice looking LB w/ a lot of mods! How is the wheelbar attached to the gearbox?!

Is your Blizzard nitro or electric version?
    Thanks LB, it's as modded as I could do and the wheely bar is held on by industrial strength zip-ties. My Blizz is also powered by a MM4600Kv.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Zip tie, eh?! Hopefully it doesn't move around too much.. !

Not sure if I have seen you post in the Blizzard thread or not, that's why I asked..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LB, there's no "movement" just some flex during the inevitable cart-wheels at speed. Here is another angle that shows the rest of the mounting. I have the most modified Blizzard out there, the one that is waterproof.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ha, a ruler.. nice.. !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know you must remember me, I built the first one due to your lunchbox inspiration and within this thread there are pics of the first incarnation of the springy ruler wheely-bar. It serves the purpose of also providing a skid-plate for the tranny as well as a strong flat for the third shock bolt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Inspiration?! hee..

Yeah, I remember someone was using a steel ruler, but didn't know it was you, sorry.. too many posts in this thread.. hard to remember everyone!!

What are the blue tape around the battery slot for?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No biggy, the rulers (it takes two) need to be Wescott brand as they are stainless steel and very springy. That tape is a special nylon type that cushions the batteries against the screws that protrude into the compartment, it's getting changed to black very soon. Here is a pic of my ball-stud/o-ring body mount that stops rattle and eliminates screws or clips.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a closer view of the ball-studs and chassis stiffening rails. It also shows the home-made fan mount over the Mamba Max ESC.