Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

AMPS rapier 1/8th petrol racer restoration?

Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

AMPS rapier 1/8th petrol racer restoration?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 PM
wavey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMPS rapier 1/8th petrol racer restoration?

Hello everyone,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place (first post) but i am pretty sure this would count as its older than 15 years (1980-81 i believe) and it was one of the first of its kind to have suspension (from what ive read) so feel free to delete or move it or whatever you do here

I found an amps rapier 1:8 petrol in my granddads garage and it definately needs restoring, so hopefully ill be able to make this a project for the summer holiday, but the problem is, i have NO IDEA where to start or what needs doing with it. Obviously it needs taking apart and cleaning, from what i can see there is no rust or anything else that could be detrimental without a quick scrub and oil but apart from that i am lost as to what i need to do with it. To me it looks pretty complete apart from a shell but i dont really know what im meant to be looking for. A quick google search didnt really help, many of the things that came up were just pics or half built things and no guides as to how im meant to start on it which brings me to the question i came to ask.

How am i meant to do it?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 PM
1troy7
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need some pictures please.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:38 PM
wavey

Originally Posted by 1troy7
Need some pictures please.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Here you go, sorry for the wait!

You cant see it in the pics but the suspension works pretty well, would probably want to replace the springs just incase but feel free to ask for more pics of anything if u need
Old 05-20-2017, 05:54 PM
1troy7

You can do this without a manual. Take one thing apart at a time. Lay the parts out just as you take them off. Then take a picture of the parts. Then you know how they go back together.
Clean the parts. When you are done put them back together. I did find one picture for you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2216156  
Old 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM
wavey

Originally Posted by 1troy7
You can do this without a manual. Take one thing apart at a time. Lay the parts out just as you take them off. Then take a picture of the parts. Then you know how they go back together.
Clean the parts. When you are done put them back together. I did find one picture for you.
thank you
Will i need a parts manual or anything? and im not even sure if it runs,,,
Old 05-22-2017, 03:42 AM
1troy7

From your pictures, I don't see parts missing. I think you will be fine without a manual. Leave the engine for last. People on the nitro forum can help you with that aspect.