Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Tamiya TB-02 Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: First road car - by Lunchboxer..

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

Steet cars are soooooo much fun after running dirt for a few years. They stick like mad, and accelerate like darts. I ran a 10t and a 10l about, well, 10 years ago, when I was last into r/c, and I found the best place to run the street car was on the local astroturf/carpet football field.

You'd be amazed how fast the car can go out of range at 50mph with a 120 yard long track, and back then (hopefully this has changed) the esc would just keep running full throttle. I'd be running as fast as I could across the field trying to hold the antenna up as high as I could... It all looked cool up until that point. I might as well have taken the short bus home.

LOL!! Hopefully the radio technology has improved!! I'd hate to see a road car going at 50mph hitting head on into a wall or a steel pole...
Old 05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Lunchboxer

Just noticed that you are at New Haven, CT! Guess we are neighbors then, ha ha! I go there pretty often...
Old 05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you checked out the track at Hobby Chamber in West Haven? I'm going over there this weekend to check it out. I've never had a real track to run on, so I'm pretty excited about it, but I have no idea what to expect. I don't even know if they have a dirt track, but we'll see....

Have you found any good tracks in CT?

- Raketemensch
Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Lunchboxer

Have you checked out the track at Hobby Chamber in West Haven? I'm going over there this weekend to check it out. I've never had a real track to run on, so I'm pretty excited about it, but I have no idea what to expect. I don't even know if they have a dirt track, but we'll see....

Have you found any good tracks in CT?

- Raketemensch

There's a pretty big hobby shop on my way to work near I-91 at Enfield called RC Madness, I think.. it has an indoor track and an outdoor dirt track.. I never ran there.. I am just driving my R/Cs around for fun.. not really competitive or anything..

I will be out of town this weekend, oh well, can't check it out myself then...

Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Raketemensch

I'm not really looking to race, but I thought it'd be fun to run on a real, engineered track. I'm getting back into R/C because we're about to have a baby, and I have to stop motorcycling for about 6 years, and I thought this would be a good way to get similar energies out. We'll be moving out to the country in the next couple of years, and I'll hopefully have room to build my own track. I'd like to get a look at other successful tracks before I do that.

Berms, doubles, table tops... What's not to like?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:47 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha, sure, we all like different things!! That's why R/C is fun!
LOL, I just realized the NSX is Acura, DOnt know what I was thinking when I posted that. Right now my favorite nissan is the 350z convertible. that thing is BADASS!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Lunchboxer

I'm not really looking to race, but I thought it'd be fun to run on a real, engineered track. I'm getting back into R/C because we're about to have a baby, and I have to stop motorcycling for about 6 years, and I thought this would be a good way to get similar energies out. We'll be moving out to the country in the next couple of years, and I'll hopefully have room to build my own track. I'd like to get a look at other successful tracks before I do that.

Berms, doubles, table tops... What's not to like?

Congrats on the baby! That's most important!

I used to ride as well.. had a GSX-R for 6 years.. did some racing, a lot of track days.. until it was stolen (argh!).. then I bought a house, so not so much more free $$$ left for a motorcycle.. ha ha!! Then I moved for job, rented out the house, so now there's some $$$, but then, I am in an apt. now, so no garage yet, so no bike for me.. LOL! Such is life! Got to wait until I buy another house.... before I can even think about a new bike.. oh well!!

Good luck with your own track! That'd be awesome for sure!!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Ha ha, sure, we all like different things!! That's why R/C is fun!
LOL, I just realized the NSX is Acura, DOnt know what I was thinking when I posted that. Right now my favorite nissan is the 350z convertible. that thing is BADASS!

350Z is nice for sure.. a little bit too heavy for my liking, though, BUT, it is one of the more affordable sports car.. so it is all good..

I'd pick the hardtop myself, though.. get the Track version.. with Brembo brakes..
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

VQ engine FTW!! Gotta love it. My dad wants the 350Z convertible or the Mercedes SL500 (not in the same league) but I think he is going to wait after he pays off first year of my college.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Raketemensch

You're only gonna go for 1 year? :]
Old 05-15-2006, 09:53 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

You're only gonna go for 1 year? :]
Laugh out loud, its been a long day. Im going for 4 years if I dont fail but I meant we've been spending so much money here and there that right now isnt a good time to buy a weekend car [:@]. In a year should be right...
Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Lunchboxer

My TB-02 GT-R is jealous of its brother Wild Willy getting more hop-ups.. so it is getting some as well..

Tamiya aluminum motor mount.. (getting ready for brushless power.. need the strong motor mount!)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83420.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	470190  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Lunchboxer

Front carbon fiber chassis brace...

The rear chassis brace was ordered but seems to got lost during shipping.. (ordered more than a month ago from Hong Kong..) DOH!!

Still hasn't bought new tires/wheel for it yet.. so I taped up the tires w/ electrical tapes and make it a dedicated drifter.. (until I got new tires.. :P)

Since I also got the Ferrari F201 coming in.. might just make that the road car, and the GT-R a drifter... who knows!! Too many R/Cs, argh!!

Name:	Db83888.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	470191  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 PM
purple_car

That chassis brace is sexy. Where did you order from Hong Kong, was it rcmart.com?

And what's this about the f201? Another to the collection? Your collection is growing at Mach 1, it's awesome. What kind of car is the F201? Top speed type?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: purple_car

That chassis brace is sexy. Where did you order from Hong Kong, was it rcmart.com?

And what's this about the f201? Another to the collection? Your collection is growing at Mach 1, it's awesome. What kind of car is the F201? Top speed type?

Yeah, the carbon fiber brace is eye candy.. I got all these parts from rcmart.com (via e-Bay) But not the rear brace (the one that got lost.. that's from another vendor from eBay)

Tamiya F201 is a very realistic looking Formula 1 type... I doubt it will be WAY fast.. (until I put some brushless motor in it, that it is.. :P) But it just looks awesome, with rocker actuated suspension.. (although, it is 4WD.. so not realistic there.. F-1 cars are RWD.. :P)

Here's the one I just ordered..

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58288

I got a great deal on it.. ($109 shipped, brand new in box.. it was $150+ from Tower) So when I saw it, I just had to order it..

Yeah, my collection expands like crazy cause I kept on getting kits that I didn't plan on getting.. ("oh, this is so cheap, I got to get it NOW..")
Old 06-02-2006, 12:47 AM
-Inverted-

"oh, this is so cheap, I got to get it NOW
I did that today....picked up 2 motors worth $100....paid $30 shipped!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Lunchboxer

I did that today....picked up 2 motors worth $100....paid $30 shipped!

Nice.. What did you get?! From where?! I am all about good deals...
Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 AM
-Inverted-

I got them off ebay...im not releasing details yet as its part of a kinda secret project!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Lunchboxer

I got them off ebay...im not releasing details yet as its part of a kinda secret project!

Ha ha, okay.. fair enough.. keep us posted with your secret project!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
-Inverted-

Will do, however I think the motors are too small for your vehicles anyways, Im testing a fairly newer technology. BTW, your sig mentions the Blizzard, I used to think they were pretty neat, but I saw one at the hobby shop and they are AWESOME!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Lunchboxer

Will do, however I think the motors are too small for your vehicles anyways, Im testing a fairly newer technology. BTW, your sig mentions the Blizzard, I used to think they were pretty neat, but I saw one at the hobby shop and they are AWESOME!

I don't have the Blizzard yet.. it is listed under "Coming Up Next"

I just keep getting off track.. (like I said, saw something that's a good deal, and figured that I "need" to get it first.. like the Ferrari F201..!) So I don't know when I will get the Blizzard..

Maybe when the winter hits here in northeast.. when there's actually a lot of snow.. I got the LRP waterproof ESC already, so that's ready to go into the Blizzard EV.. :P
Old 06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Lunchboxer

New shoes for the TB-02....

HPI X-Pattern Belted radials... was told that they are quite nice... Will find out soon!!

Name:	Sq47355.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	476273  
Old 06-12-2006, 12:09 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

New shoes for the TB-02....

HPI X-Pattern Belted radials... was told that they are quite nice... Will find out soon!!
HELL YEA good choice!!! I have the very same exact setup on my nitro rs4

Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 AM
-Inverted-

Nice tire/rim combo.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: jdmkyosho
HELL YEA good choice!!! I have the very same exact setup on my nitro rs4

NICE... looks like we got identical setup here.. if it can take the abuse from the nitro, I am sure it will be fine w/ my stock TB-02 with a relatively slow motor.. (only a HPI Saturn 20T right now..) LOL!! Got to put in one of them brushless to see how it goes.. but my first BL system that's coming in is going to the Lunchbox first.. ha ha!! Gonna make it a crazy Lunchbox!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.