RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

What is your favorite vintage RC?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What is your favorite vintage RC?

Yes the Frog was a great car! The wiper arm speed control with reverse, I had a buddy that had a great big old clumsy dog named Jake. The dog would lay out in the street and I would creep up on him with the Frog and run into him and make him chase the car. I did have to replace the body once when he got ahold of it! Found a faster motor and I could stay far enough in front of him when I would tease him with the car. Mike his owner was asked by his dad to prune a tree in their back yard. He was up on the ladder with an electric chainsaw when he hit the trigger Jake jumped up and knocked him and the chainsaw off the ladder! Mike said it sounded like the frog and it made the dog mad! That alone made it a great car to me!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:42 AM
tmaxx1701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My first car was also the Frog. I had a blast running it in the back yard and also racing it at a couple of the local tracks. I wish I hadn't sold it to a friend. It would look cool next to my RC10 gold tub.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We were just out at work running a few cars, and a friend had a Lunchbox and Brat, both were much cooler than I thought they would be.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 PM
mechanizeddeath

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I really need to buy another Brat and be a better driver this time.

The LB is pure fun, plain and simple. The Brat is easly a precursor to today's SC trucks, much more primitive but still a lot of fun to bash. I can imagine racing that chassis was a lot of fun back in the day too.

And I wish I had a dog that would chase RC cars! My parents have two, one is absolutely terrified of ALL RC, doesn't matter if it is a tiny toy grade like a Tomy Q-Steer, or a HPI Baja. The other one is so indifferent that he once sat on a 1/18 scale as it drove by.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM
ScottStaypuff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For me it was probably my Frog too. Other than those EZround original dog bones it was great.

Honorable mention was my Traxxas Sledgehammer. The chassis was so far ahead of the times compared to the other monster trucks of the day. It was indestructible too. I used to run it down the cliffs at my local gravel pit without any damage, ever!

What I really liked about the cars back then is they were built so differently. Any crazy chassis the designer could think of was tried.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
john josey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tamiya Superchamp. I do hope they re-release it.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:40 AM
positron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my friend that passed away had a superchamp, it had a broken knuckle, Always wondered what become of it.

I still have my frog, it's in pieces in a bucket though
Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 AM
ScottKelly911

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My favorite Vintage car was my Gold Tub RC10. Infact I've still got it I wonder what I need to get it back up and running. What are body options for it though? I also loved my Turbo Optima, I still have parts of it, but it would take a miracle to get that thing back together.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 AM
kaiser01

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

My favorite Vintage car was my Gold Tub RC10. Infact I've still got it I wonder what I need to get it back up and running. What are body options for it though? I also loved my Turbo Optima, I still have parts of it, but it would take a miracle to get that thing back together.
you can find new ae brandbodies on ebay.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 AM
AIRMAR72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tamiya bruiser was one of my favorite I remember seeing on the cover of Car Action back in 80s i was 9-10 years old at the time but best buggie i ever owned was the RC10 team car
Old 05-29-2010, 10:59 AM
hairy46

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

Hey I believe in miracles! Post a piture I may have what you need to get the RC 10 gold pan up and running! I had many of them I just gave my daughter and her husband a bunch of my old RC cars including the gold pan RC 10 but I kept some also! If I can help and I have what it needs I will give you the parts!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 PM
The Mad Modder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

Honorable mention was my Traxxas Sledgehammer. The chassis was so far ahead of the times compared to the other monster trucks of the day. It was indestructible too. I used to run it down the cliffs at my local gravel pit without any damage, ever!
I know, the Sledge was my first real RC car. I pulled wheelies so much with it that I wore large flat spots on the back of the rear bumper. they should have put a wheely back there. My favorite RC as a kid was Tamiya's Juggernaut 2. I loved the look of that f-350 on those big round tires. The leafs were the topping on the cake. Since it so expensive($350 is a lot for a kid), it was discontinued by the time I got the money for one. Just last year I finally got one.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Babaganoosh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had one of these Willy's Wheelers about 25 years ago. It was a fun deal. My dog loved to chase it around. The fact that it did wheelies all the time got a little annoying though because it made it hard to steer.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45118.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1445555  
Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM
wandrew6691

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My favorite is tht BoLink '91 Eliminator sport. It is my first rc car so its my favorite! =)
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
NY_Longshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My first and Fav RC is the Grasshopper II with a few mods that tweeked it just right.......motor, bearing and shocks. I recently was able to get her going after 15 years in the basement the other day and it brought back a lot of memories. So now with a new battery, tires and a repaired front shock shes good to go. I also just picked up a MIB Grasshoppr II off ebay and am now looking for the shock upgrade. So if anyoneknows where this could be found just let me know.

What prompted this reinvigoration was my neighbor just built a 400' dirt go kart track in his back yard. Pretty tight for karts, although a blast to run, but just right to race RC's.......Have to post pics at some point of the track with the hopper diggin it up.

-LS
Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Old_RC_Lover
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My favorite has to be the MRP High Roller. Just because they have not come out with another RC truck that was made to go on land and sea!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
hairy46

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wandrew6691

My favorite is tht BoLink '91 Eliminator sport. It is my first rc car so its my favorite! =)
Bolink was a class act! Bob Rule [Mr. YoYo] is one of the nices guys I have ever met! And the guys that raced for him and I know I will leave out some names but guys like Ray and Mark Johnson, Rick and Ricky Jordon, Randall and Darell Winslett, Tim lanear, Shelly Bailey and so many others that where always so helpful to you when you raced with them! These are just part of the guys that made up Bolink, But it was an honor and a privilege to race with such a bunch of great guys! Yes the Bolink will always be one of my favorite RC car because it had the best people behind them! I do miss the old days when we raced together at the Sugarbowl in Sugar Hill Ga. or behind the Bolink plant in Lawrenceville GA. Those were the days!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
wandrew6691

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is good to know that these wer good ppl. I am turning 19 tomorrow, so im new to these cars, but am glad my dad had one to let me get working =)
Old 09-08-2010, 07:14 AM
ElectricGuy007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My favorite Vintage has to be the Tamiya 959. A freind of mine snagged a couple of them on ebay for $250 for both.
I offered to trade my goldpan for one of them. But after seeing one run they were just for looks.[]
Besides why get something I may never run, id be so scared Id break something then I'm screwed because
parts are very rare on a 959.
Whereas the goldpan can still compete on the racetrack as Assoiciated never changed the parts much.
I saved some B4 parts to use on my goldpan and most of the caster blocks and such do fit my chassis.
Some parts can still be obtained, just not a whole lot of it. I mounted a stealth tranny on mine and it's
gonna be ran on dirt oval. I'll be racing against oval converted B4's.
Believe it or not these cars still kick butt! An AE sponsored driver Rod Rippie in ST Louis got his running and let
his freind drive it. His freind ended up winning the B-main and 3 or 4th in the A-main. Talk about impressive!

The Goldpan RC10 has became my second favorite vintage car.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83107.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1497189  
Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
stephendavidhill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My favourite has got to be the Kyosho Sandmaster MK11 (purely because it was the first model i owned). I would love one again but there few and far between on ebay. I remeber mine having a blue shell and came with a GX12 engine and i also went through many spur gears (im not sure if this was due to poor engine alingment or the metal clutch bell to plastic spur gear combo).
STEVE
Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
martsrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Marui Big Bear
Old 09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
bobbyvega$

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Babaganoosh

I had one of these Willy's Wheelers about 25 years ago. It was a fun deal. My dog loved to chase it around. The fact that it did wheelies all the time got a little annoying though because it made it hard to steer.

Nice, had the Wheeler Turbo also and it was fun, hence it is worth mentioning for me. I must admit, the Monster Beetle got me hooked then the King Cab sealed the deal. I still have both trucks and the King Cab is a runner ....
Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 PM
automatedmonkey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Big Bear made by Marui. It came out in 1984 when I was 10 years old. I remember dreaming about owning one someday. Well I never got one. Instead I got into associated cars. RC-10 gold pan. I still have an original RC-10 graphite. I remember seeing a movie with Clint Eastwood called Dead Pool where there was a RC-10 that was actually used as the 'bomb buggy'.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:36 AM
martsrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Big Bear was my 1st new rc and it was purchased in the late 80's/early 90's (thanks mom). I still have the receipt somewhere but not the truck[]. I was actually watching Deadpool on tv a couple of days ago.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Joesabre

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The rc10 gold pan is definitely my favorite but I also had a futaba fx-10 that was fun while it lasted. Thought I still had the chassis but can't seem to find it hopefully I get lucky and find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service