Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

where to start with the tamiya falcon

Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

where to start with the tamiya falcon

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Gresh28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to start with the tamiya falcon

Today i've been given by a work mate two used and very bashed vehicles. one is a 1998 TL01 Peugeot 406 ST and the other is a 1986 Tamiya Falcon.

I was thinking of restoring the Falcon back to its former glory, but being quite new to this hobby and only previously built a Lunch Box not certain where to start. the same could be said for the TL01.
I'm wanting to put a different body on the TL01 as i don't really like the Peugeot shell.

The chassis to both vehicles look to be sound with no cracks or damage. theres no servo, radio equipment or ESC with either vehicles. both body shells are as already stated complete write-offs.

Any help, advice or hints and tips on where to start and any hop up parts for both vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for any help

Craig.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 AM
stephendavidhill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where to start with the tamiya falcon

ORIGINAL: Gresh28

Today i've been given by a work mate two used and very bashed vehicles. one is a 1998 TL01 Peugeot 406 ST and the other is a 1986 Tamiya Falcon.

I was thinking of restoring the Falcon back to its former glory, but being quite new to this hobby and only previously built a Lunch Box not certain where to start. the same could be said for the TL01.
I'm wanting to put a different body on the TL01 as i don't really like the Peugeot shell.

The chassis to both vehicles look to be sound with no cracks or damage. theres no servo, radio equipment or ESC with either vehicles. both body shells are as already stated complete write-offs.

Any help, advice or hints and tips on where to start and any hop up parts for both vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for any help

Craig.

Hi,
it may not be a Falcon as i thought mine was. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9961778/tm.htm]here[/link] is a link to my thread. Hope this helps.
STEVE