RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Classic Cars & Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-classic-cars-trucks-513/)
-   -   Tamiya Wild Willy 2 Resource Thread! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-classic-cars-trucks-513/4086777-tamiya-wild-willy-2-resource-thread.html)

Lunchboxer 09-16-2006 10:12 PM

RE: Wild Willy 2 w/ pics

Oh yeah... you better post the pics here... LOL! I can't wait to see the finished product!! :D

ORIGINAL: TamiyaExperienced

Picked up the WW2 from LB today. Kit looks complete, should be starting on the body soon.

[]TEX[] 09-16-2006 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Oh yeah... you better post the pics here... LOL! I can't wait to see the finished product!! :D

ORIGINAL: TamiyaExperienced

Picked up the WW2 from LB today. Kit looks complete, should be starting on the body soon.

Haha, you know me.....I have "special" plans...

Lunchboxer 09-17-2006 11:44 AM

Care to let us know what's the special plan?! :D

[]TEX[] 09-17-2006 12:49 PM

Care to let us know what's the special plan?! :D
When it's done...

Lunchboxer 09-18-2006 10:47 AM

It will be fun next time we meet up with 2 WW-2 for sure... :D I can see a lot of flipping over happening.. good thing that Willy's rollcage is actually functional (steel bars inside) so it can take quite a bit of abuse... also, it does not go that fast.. (unless you put some higher power motor in it) so usually it does not do crazy crashes....

edvardo 09-18-2006 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's some pictures of my very nearly completed wild willy 2 redbull sport. Paint job's not perfect as I'm no artist, and this is the first RC Model I have sprayed/brush painted myself.I think the Redbull Livery works quite well.I have left the larger bumper of the car as i'm not the best driver and don't want to unneceessarily trash the body work. Ed

Lunchboxer 09-18-2006 03:29 PM

WOW! Great job on the painting!! That looks great!! Now you need to paint the driver to match the car, ha ha!! Be sure to post the pics of the Willy once you painted him!!

I still think that once you drive it for awhile, you should put the small bumper on.. looks a lot better, ha ha ha!! (besides, the long bumper really does not provide any extra protection, other than to the wheel... which, your servo saver should take care of it... !

[]TEX[] 09-18-2006 03:42 PM

Really nice paint job!!

Lunchboxer 09-18-2006 03:43 PM

Your turn...... :D

[]TEX[] 09-18-2006 04:03 PM

Your turn...... :D
You are such a bad influence!!!

I think I'll start on the Jeep body tonight. It'll be relaxing to sit and work on the finer details.;)

I need to do some sketches and plan it out a bit.

I post up pics when I can....

Lunchboxer 09-18-2006 04:14 PM

Or you can build up the chassis to drive around (doing wheelies!) tonight... (it shouldn't take you that long..) Maybe your wife will like the WW-2 better than the TLT!

edvardo 09-18-2006 04:45 PM

Cheers for your comments guys. the spray job wasn't quite as I had designed, but I ran out of the Blue spray,and being a tight Yorkshireman, I didn't want to buy another can of blue paint ha ha. I originally intended to have another blue section on the sides and continue the front design over the front sheild (but I guess I can do this at a later date). I'm not sure how well the driver will turn out, I have painted his face, which looks ok but not great, and have kept things simple in terms of the gloves and straps. I think I will try and come up with a design of some sort for the helmet. I am waiting for delivery of the tamiya cement, which seems difficult to buy in the Uk. I will certainly put up some more pictures shortly (perhaps some of the car in action!). Ed

Lunchboxer 09-18-2006 04:47 PM

Nice... looking forward to the pic of the driver and some action shots!!

Tamiya Racer 09-18-2006 09:04 PM

Man I love WW just have not had the courage to buy 1. Oh yeh edvardo, thats 1 sweet WW2. Mak me want to order 1 from tower.

Lunchboxer 09-19-2006 03:52 PM

I'd say, get one!! I think everyone should have a plastic bodied Tamiya in their collection.. and WW-2 is a great example.. !! :D

[]TEX[] 09-25-2006 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some preliminary photos. Still thinking of ideas, I need help with the rear tire. The tire I have on it now, although it is scale to the body, is too small.[:'(]

I still need to paint the fire extinguisjer and touch up some lines. I will then spray the underside flat black and then the whole body will be sprayed with a couple coats of flat clear spray.

Lunchboxer 09-25-2006 10:04 PM

Pretty sweet!! I can't wait to see Willy himself.. ha ha!! :D

Yeah, that spare looks out of place.. but an actual tire/wheel might be too big, no?! Hmm.... I think you should just put the stock plastic fake back on... :(

TLT tire would look out of place too, I think.. although, they are similar... (look) But different in size...

Tough question!!

[]TEX[] 09-25-2006 10:15 PM

Pretty sweet!! I can't wait to see Willy himself.. ha ha!! :D

Yeah, that spare looks out of place.. but an actual tire/wheel might be too big, no?! Hmm.... I think you should just put the stock plastic fake back on... :(

TLT tire would look out of place too, I think.. although, they are similar... (look) But different in size...

Tough question!!
Thanks, I need to find a driver. I'll probably just use that plastic UFO on the back.

Lunchboxer 09-25-2006 10:29 PM

What do you mean a driver?! The Willy is included in the kit, right??

[]TEX[] 09-25-2006 10:35 PM

What do you mean a driver?! The Willy is included in the kit, right??
Yes, a different driver....maybe

Lunchboxer 09-25-2006 10:40 PM

I can't believe you are not putting Willy in his jeep.. geez, man... that ain't right.... (joke) :D

Wheelnut 09-26-2006 07:33 AM

Nice paint job. Why not just find an original tire replacement part and use the real thing? Plus you will have a real spare.:D

Lunchboxer 09-26-2006 07:36 AM

They are not bad.. 2 rear wheel + 2 tires = $19 or so from Tower.. :D

I think it is gonna look too big, though.. but who knows... I should just mount mine up to see what it looks like.. ;)

[]TEX[] 09-26-2006 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: grk65

Nice paint job. Why not just find an original tire replacement part and use the real thing? Plus you will have a real spare.:D
True, but weight is a major factor here. Too much and I'll have to do the silver can mod.[:@]

Lunchboxer 09-26-2006 08:18 AM

What?! Don't you want it to wheelie?!?! :D

The wheel/tire combo is not THAT heavy...