Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

25FX need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

25FX need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 AM
mikeh251

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25FX need help

Hey combat guys, I understand that this is where I might find some users of the OS FX 25. I posted a detailed post in Questions and Answers section. If you have one of these, or have used one, please go to that post and see if you can help. LSS I had to take low end all the way from 1-1/2 out to 3/4 out, may be even less. Main is 3/4-7/8 turn out. Never had to go so far from start point before with any other os motors..
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 25FX need help

Mike;

I tried to find the other post, but you didn't post a link.....so here's my quick $.02.....

Based on the settings you declared, you are running that engine WAAAAAY too lean!! Start with the low end needle, turn it all the way in, and then back it out to 1 1/2. Do the same with the high end.

Make your high end needle adjustments first...don't worry about how many turns the needles are sitting at, or whether you have had to turn it that far or not.

What size prop are you trying run?

Do you know what to listen for when you try to tune the low end??

If running at idle, and you slam the stick to full...you should get INSTANT response from the engine. If it quits running.....the low end is too lean, turn the needle OUT. If it bogs down, with a slow response to high RPM....the low end is too rich, turn the needle IN. It's really quite simple......