Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hergett TA 152 H

I was wondering if anyone might have a copy of the original Steve Hergett TA 152 design, they would be willing to sell or copy? Such a great flying plane and I would like to build one for old time sake.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hergett TA 152 H

was that a balsa plane?
    RCCA #913
    building spads since 12-2007

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, it was balsa with a foam core wing. Used the house of balsa turtledeck canopy from their FW 190 kit. The Hergett designs were the best designs of the time I believe with the use of the Eppler 203 airfoil. The Mustang and then the TA 152 dominated the early events at the inception of the RCCA.
    Steve Hergett also had an ME 109 T, which was the last combat design he had as far as I know. It too had a long, high aspect ratio wing. A huge benefit in combat.
    I have actually located a source for plans. While this design is not as suitable now (because of durability issues), it would still fly with the best of them I believe. The dominance, and prevelance of the TA 152 has a lot to do with why event 2548 was created.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine were home built from an Aces plan in blue foam and brown paper on the fuz with a little glass reinforcing. The wing I covered in 1 oz cloth and one coat of resin.

MVVS 20 on the mini pipe turning a APC 9x5 JUST inside the limit on the ground but in the air - well lets say I liked being the fastest kid on the block.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64837.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	1803369  
    The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the plans are on the RCCA site, im not sure if that area is locked to non members. send me a PM if you cant get them and I will forward them to you
    RCCA #913
    building spads since 12-2007