Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great Planes Combat Corsair and Mustang

did anyone try the 15 for power??
    Better a messy win than a clean loss!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey or Hello Im new to this post just bought my first GP Corsair . I have a couple Parkzones P-51,Spitfire Im a WARBIRD FANSo this is my first ARF I have read a couple pages of this post and it sounds like this plane is a great plane it also has alot of strength issues.The rear stab has anybody thought of taking the monokote off and reinforce with a flat piece of carbon and then redo the monokote?The monokote job on this plane sucks I dont have that much knowledge about this stuff but when I opened my box I was shocked at the POOR QUALITY OF MONOKOTE JOB [:@]I was thinking of stripping whole plane and doing it myself and that way also I could reinfoce what needs to be done and put landing gear on this bird.And I was going to put the O.S .25 on it or maybe Electric. Anybody done a electric conversion of this plane and if so what did you put in plane?Im not going to go CRAZY with this bird like some on this post"And I dont mean that in a bad way" Im new to flyn so I want to take it easy for awhile and then maybe speed things up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bigman, theres a website out there that the fella sells the combat corsair with a brushless and lipo etc. ready to go. but im sorry ill be darned if i can remember where its at...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Deadroman, in the video your engine is too rich. Also if you are having a snapping problem, add nose weight or shift something forward. These little scale aircraft do not require a lot of elevator travel and I believe anything over 1\4" is too much.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

figured out why the engine wouldnt tune. Bubbles in the fuel line. the needle valve is remote mounted and is leaking and is going to hae to be replaced.
    Revver # 224

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, that will do it too. Hope she flies better after the fix. I lost a servo in midair the other day. The left aileron went out, but fortunately stopped in a relative neutral position. It took a second to figure out why the roll rate suddenly sucked! Made a successful landing. Just have to order some fine Hobbico servo gears.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you guys using micro servos?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With the inverted .25, how high is the tank in relation to the carb center? Any problems with this? I just watched a video of this and it looks like too much fun!
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With it inverted, the tank sits quite a bit above the carb. Doesn't cause any problems as long as you tune it with the plane right way up. The fuel will siphon if you leave it sitting with a full tank. I just keep it inverted until I'm ready to start it. Yeah, the combat corsair is a ball to fly, but you have to be on your toes. It flys fast and is very responsive, even on fairly low rates. Just make sure you are using good quality servos, preferably with metal gears, especially for the ailerons. For the money, it's a lot of bang for buck. A ball bearing 25 is all the engine you need.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WMB,
    Yes to the previous reply. I have to start the engine a little nose high, but once it's running it's fine. I'm running a OS .25 and it really scoots. It'll even be able to handle those dreaded Great Fallsian winds! I spent 5 years up there, living at Malmstrom.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And a couple of other things - it's worthwhile doing the rudder mod as long as you haven't glused in ther vert stab yet. Just cut out a rudder from the stab. cut vertically from the rear point where the vert stab is glued in (that will make sense to anyone who has a gp combat corsair). I did the ruddr mod and found it well worhtwhile.

the servo mount plate and pushrod tubes are pre-installed and the pushrod wire is supplied with the kit. This plane can be launched and flown by 1 person - just be ready to get back on the sticks as soon as you've thrown it. Mine always takes a dive towards the dirt straight after launching, but then it is away flyin.

Have fun with it. I'm sure you will unless you crash it first

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dont know if anyone cares but I will be converting my p-51 over to electric. lots of guys over on rcgroups are having great results.
    Revver # 224

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow guys. It is really a coincidence that I happen to own both A corsair and mustang great planes combat planes. Are you ready for this... I just purchased the corsair, used and the guy shoehorned an os46 in this corsair. any thoughts. Its obviously nose heavy, but beyond that I just know how fast my mustang is with the osfx25 on it. will this corsair even fly???? The reason I even consider leaving the 46 in, is because he did a great install job. it has a pitts muffler that points neatly out the bottom. He swears hes flown it and claims, " you never use more than half throttle" please avise. thanks in advance!!! Ivo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well guys, Im too new to even have a humble opinion yet but no one even answered my post... no sweat. I guess if thats some kind of initiation im game???I will just keep posting like a ghostwriter. Anyway, I flew the heck out of my 025 size mustang this weekend, and so far I love it. I guess ill wait till I master the speed of it before I try my great planes corsair with the 046 os max on it. Ivo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Ivo. Welcome aboard. I'm glad to see you've got a couple of planes that are many peoples favourites. The mustang and corsair. And these 1/12 renditions are at the top of the heap. Forget .40 sized ones (despite what you have mounted) these GP ARFs are just sooo cool. I am in love with my corsair. My wife gets jealous.

Way back in this thread there is a guy who put either a 40 or 46 in a combat corsair. But never really went on to explain how insane it was. I'd be keen to hear. I fly mine with an ASP .25 and its crazy fast. But I got about 4 oz of lead in the nose to balance it. I've been wondering if this weight might be put to better use in more engine capacity. Let me know how your corsair flies with the .46. I'd be keen to know. Remember, there is always the throttle stick. You can turn your .46 into a .25 simply by pulling back on that stick.

Just make sure you got good metal geared servos all round and take note of all the advice in this thread about protecting the aileron servos on landing. I'll preach again about moving the aileron servos on the corsair from underneath the wing to the top of the wing. By doing this, it means that you can actually have a second flight on the same day no matter how smooth your first belly-landing is. Those servos sticking out the bottom of the wing WILL strip the plastic gear. Unless you belly it into a tarmac runway. Then they 'MAY' strip.

Have fun with those planes. Any chance of a pic of the .46 stuffed into the corsair cowl?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, thanks for the reply! I do have a couple of pictures of my corsair with the os max 46. in it. It was taken on my digital camera with the sd card in it. Please dont laugh too hard but i dont know how to put pics. on posts..... someone is going to come over this weekend and show me how. I will be glad to put them on. ps be careful what you ask for, once i learn, ill probably be flooding the forum with dumb pics. just kidding!!! till next post ivo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To post pics, first hit the 'reply button in the top right corner of the previous post (i.e - don't use the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen) A new window will open up and you type your reply. In the lower left corner of this window is a link that says 'click here to upload images and files'. Click on this. Another window will pop up and let you select images from your hard drive. Select the image you want and click 'upload'. It's pretty self explanatory from there.
    This is a pic of mine. Shes a bit more battle scarred now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12527.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	1079006  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great Planes 1/12 scale Corsair and Mustang in Vinnitsa, Ukraine.

The photoreport on competitions - Aircombat Eurocup in Vinnitsa (Ukraine) 06-08.06.2008

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wrote a long time ago in this thread about putting an OS46 in my combat corsair . My first one flew like a dream , but it took awhile to get the take offs down , really nasty snap roll to the left on takeoff . I will describe our fix later . My first corsair went in when I dunb thumbed it while flying about 4 feet over a barbed wire fence . My bad , not the airplanes fault . My second corsair is still curently flying great . It also has an OS46 in it. I usually fly flat out the whole flight . Seems the spectators really enjoy the speed , and so do I . These planes are surprisingly tough. Make sure that you build the plane bearing in mind that you are pushing the envelope . When you over power as previously mentioned metal gears in your servos are a necessity . I also remove the covering on the stabizer and laminate 1/16 plywood and then recover , before I install it in the plane . I fly at a grass field and have had many , many flights with both planes and have never had a problem with the servos mounted under the wings. I understand landing on a hard surface is a different situation . I have never had to put weight in the nose , probably because of the larger engine . I also install a larger fuel tank . My buddy has an OS32 in his corsair and is also extreemly fast . The size of the engine has never been a problem for either of us . Like the previous post said if you don't want to go fast , throtle back . OK the take off fix. we have found that by holding the plane at a 45 degree angle and a slight tip to the right , full throttle and a good push , we have had so far 100 percent good take offs . B/4 we have had moderate luck with other methods , but in our case this is the best . I don't know if this is necessary on a plane with a 25 or smaller engine , as all the corsairs I have seen fly in our area have at least a 32 in them .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow, corvett that makes me want to keep this 46 osmax in my corsair. I have a mustang with a 025 in it and have held off either flying or removing the big engine. You see it is wintertime in rockford and dont get to fly much outside..... this really gives me hope. thanks ivo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well gentlemen, I give up on sending my pics. I have tried all methods I know, and I cant get my photos from my photo program to the forum. IVO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey fellas,
    Finally figured out how to get some pics on here
    This is the corsair with the OS 46 shoe-horned in it
    Pics are not the clearest, better pics to follow

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39125.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	1085075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf14080.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	1085076  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like a tidy installation. 3 bladed prop looks cool too!
    What muffler set up are you using?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the kind words, but as i told you guys i purchased the corsair with 46 engine already installed. It does have a really cool pitts type muffler and just two little tubes stick out the bottom to really set off the job! I will send a picture or two from bottom vue to show the exh. ivo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just out of curiosity, why would someone even need to put anything bigger than a .25 FX in there? These planes are so lite that they fly so fast as it is. They literally fly out of you hands with an OS .25FX and a bisson pitts muffler spinning a MA 9x4 at about 17000 rpm, and you can do continous loops until you run out of of fuel. We've clocked coro versions of these at close to 80 mph, and they are heavier birds as well.

In combat (aside from the fact that you cant fly them in 2610 with a .46) you'll find that any added speed is actually a setback, as you'll find youself constantly overshooting your prey. You'll end up flying at half throttle 90% of the time. Great for evading cuts, but you wont rack up any more with the added speed.

So having said that, at $40 more per engine, and no net advantage, to what ends would you wanna fly with a .46?

Dan "Buzz" Paluzzi

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast