Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Dixie Nationals - Southern Fried RC electric Combat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Dixie Nationals - Southern Fried RC electric Combat

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Lou Melancon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dixie Nationals - Southern Fried RC electric Combat

Southern Fried Combat at the Dixie Nationals is being held for the fifth consecutive year at the Georgia Model Aviators (www.gmarc.com) flying field in the north Atlanta suburb of Cumming, Georgia.

On Friday at 1pm we will start with Scale 2548, followed by the first three rounds of electric. Saturday will be SSC or Slow and Survivable Combat ending with three rounds of electric (its light enough to fly till 8:30pm). Sunday is Open B and the awarding of trophies. The site has plenty of parking, running water and many electrical hookups so it is great for folks with RVs, Campers or those who want to pitch a tent and sleep under the stars.

For the first time ever this year there will be eCombat. The contest is May 27th, 28th and 29th with electric combat being flown late in the day Friday and Saturday. Radio Control Combat Association scoring will be used and the rules for airplanes are pretty simple:
- Maximum of 2 cells or 7.4 volts
- Maximum wingspan of 32". GWS and Alpha models WWII fighters are allowed with their full wingspans
- Model should resemble a recognizable WWII fighter and have national markings or insignias.

More information on the rules may be found at either www.georgiacombat.com or www.rccombat.com. If you wish to sign up to compete or to see who is competing click on the contest calendar on the front page or the RCCA web site and scroll down to the Dixie Nationals.

The great thing about combat is that everyone helps everyone else get in the air and fly. Experts are constantly helping rookies with their equipment or coaching them in a match. Everyone wants everyone else to get in the air and fly.

There will be six (or more) airplanes up in each heat and there will be at least six full rounds of combat over Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see ya'll there.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 AM
thojo

Default RE: Dixie Nationals - Southern Fried RC electric Combat

Lou, can't wait to kick you eButt!!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Lou Melancon

Thojo,
If that is your mission I suggest you start bulking up on steroids now before it gets too late. Actually I would welcome you chasing me along with a lot of other folks. Looks like Dixie will be bigger and better than ever.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:56 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Hi Lou,
Regrets, fuel costs (diesel) have reached a point where it is cost prohibative to come to Georgia. At $75 for a fill up, and an estimated 5 tanks for the round trip, this poor ol' Texas boy can't come. [&o][] Thojo will have to be "da man" from Gulf Coast R/C Club!!
Regards,
Mike aka glowplugboy
Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Lou Melancon

Hi Mike,
You will be missed. I have to travel to both Baton Rouge and Houston this spring to visit family and it is an expensive trip via car with gas prices where they are now. I am certain that Thojo will uphold the honor of South Texas at the Dixie Nats.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Lou Melancon

The complete contest report and photos of the Dixie Nationals can be found by clicking on: http://georgiacombat.com/Dixie_Nats_2005.html
Old 06-01-2005, 10:53 PM
thojo

Didn't need any steroids, it must have been the tequila!