Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

spad gnat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

spad gnat

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spad gnat

[X(]Get a rope![X(]
Rog,you can use my 25 for awhile if you need to.It's gonna be a while before I have the bipe ready for it.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rope, naw a oil pressure sending unit bypass and an 1/8" drill should render his car useless in a few highway miles....ah, why bother ..Karma dude karma.it'll be a while before i need it either, but thanks for the offer...Rog
Old 04-23-2006, 09:17 PM
archermatt

I built my gnat earlier this year. I have OS .15 LA on mine with a 8X3 prop, i think. It flies right out of your hand. Real fun plane to fly. If you crash it you can pick it up and start her up again!
Old 06-24-2006, 06:25 AM
flyinrog

so an OS .15 la will fly it out of your hand but, a Norvel .15 wont go more than 15 feet?!!some'n dont sound right....Rog
Old 06-25-2006, 09:15 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: Stripes

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

ok assuming thats not a joke, ...Rog
Joke? What joke? You asked, I answered everybody else said, "yup" and moved on.

I believe, and I can be corrected here, that the HiTec servos may be just a slight bit narrower and the planes made with them don't need to be spread.

There are so many variants of the Gnat that giving advice as to locations may be difficult without posting a picture of what you have.
ITS DONE!!! Got an OS .25fp I finally got from a good guy, great compression,,three different servos , a draganfly for the throttle, a GWS for the ailerons and a sheng for the elevator... everything strapped down with zip ties a switch on top of the wing and a voltwatch under the wing..only had a 2 oz tank so the .25 probably wont fly too long..but its going to have to do for now...oh thanks Stripes for the help and good flying everybody!!..I dont know any combat flyers at my fields so this one is just for flying around as I dorked my .40 trainer...this is alot bigger than the 1/2a stuff I fly! AUW is 2 .25 pounds! I have planes that are 8oz!..when the rain breaks , I'll let ya'll know.....Rog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
billhe

here is a video of gnat combat fun...it starts off with a helicoptter for short bit then goes to the gnat combat

http://www.sghh-tech.net/~grassfield...deo/combat.wmv enjoy

we are a bunch from minnesota who fly gnat combat every wednesday

Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
nmldr

The gnats fly a lot better if you move the CG from the recommended 4 1/4" to 3 3/4". They're a hoot to fly for fun combat!