Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

stater to combat

Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

stater to combat

Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
n8rloves2fly
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stater to combat

Looking for some plans that I can print off like air foils and what to use for fuse I like the avenger can somthing simalair be scatched built are there plans? any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Alex Treneff

Default RE: stater to combat

I would start with a kit and then go from there. They are a great place to start, and actually a good value considering the materials and all the labor already done.

[link=http://www.treneffrc.com]Battle Axe kits[/link]

Old 10-25-2006, 06:44 AM
aimmaintenance

Yep I'll agree with Alex. Buy a kit.
Many of the seasoned veterans of combat still buy kits due to the fact that having everything cut out for you is half the work. Plus combat planes are kind of different "so to speak" than conventional planes so at least start out with a kit or two before diving into scratch building. You'll be alot further ahead in the end.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
rcfury

I can also agree with buying a kit. My first combat ship was the lanier Ripper which is an open A / SSC plane and actually come to think of it, its still my first combat plane. I like the plane a lot. With the right motor and mousse can pipe, all i can say is WOW!!! Unfortuantly open A is slowly fading away, which SSC is taking its place. Thinking of dropping the cva and putting in the LA to stay legal.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:08 PM
n8rloves2fly

combat is not popular here and i was planning on biulding at least 10 plane to loan out to try to drum up some interest. Its not combat if your flying by yourself.[&o]
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Alex Treneff

ORIGINAL: n8rloves2fly

combat is not popular here and i was planning on biulding at least 10 plane to loan out to try to drum up some interest. Its not combat if your flying by yourself.[&o]

How we got combat started at my field was, me and my dad flew against each other all the time. Then we would let people fly out combat planes. They have such a blast they get some and join us. Now we have about 8 people flying. And it's the people that are actually interested, not just anybody that will take a loaner plane.

Good luck with combat! It's the most fun you can have in RC!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Capn America
My Feedback: (3)

I dont know what programs Alex offers, but I Mike at Hattrick had a program going for new startups where they offered a 3 or 5 pack of kits with some re-payment terms as people bought into the program. Also a great source for pre cut wing cores if you decide to go that way.

I cant remember his site name right now but if you search hattrickrc i think it will pop up.

We started out withthe avenger kits and then built our own modified versions after that.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
rcfury

Capn America: Hattrick's website is http://www.hattrickrc.com. Their streamer is the best out there. Much better then the standard party crepe paper.