Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Ziggs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Akulakat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziggs

I've owned several Ziggs originals. The last was a Corsair and it was one of the most fun plane i ever owned. I just found an unopened Focke Wolf in the garage and decided to put it together. I'm almost finished with it. Does anyone have any past pictures of any Ziggs kits? I sure would like to see them. Is anyone still flying any Ziggs? I'd like to hear about that too.

Akulakat.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:47 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Ziggs

I flew at the 3rd and 4th Western combat nationals in Billings Montana. His planes were very prevalent then. I remember them being durable but not able to win any beauty contests. They were a very important factor in the growth of scale combat in the mid 90's. Before the introduction of the Hergett Mustang and TA 152.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:54 PM
tmaucher

Ive just finished a Ziggs zero, that I have completed the first few flights with. I have a mvvs .15 with a 8x6 prop on it. Its no speed demon but it flys scale looking, a lot of the speed problem might be do to the motor. I got it off of ebay almost ten years ago and Im not sure if its hot enough. I have a new tt .25 that I might go with later. The cowling is brittle but this is prob due to age of the plane. I will reinfoorce with fibreglass. the plane looks great in the air. Ill posst a pic when I get on decals, major decals thru sureflite.com
Old 11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Akulakat

I finished the Ziggs Focke Wolf that i have had in my garage for over 10 years. The cowl was the weak point on the original Corsair I had as well. Here is a picture.

I've got a OS .25 on it. No problems with weight or performance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37445.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1080046  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:38 PM
tmaucher

Im liking the ag wagon in the back. Hows that fly? Ive been eyeing that plane for awhile. As yet I havent pulled the trigger on it, cause the one that flies here is red and white. Im not sure about the scheme though. The 190 looks great. Im thinking about the .25 size spit on the one chinese sight, $89 + frt. Its the ripmax with optional retracts. I bet it would haul with the tt pro .25 Would you have any thoughts on that. thanks PS I fibre glassed right at the end of the canopy and the firewall. Im going the fibre glass the cowl with some kind of opening to get the fuel line off for refuel purposes.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
tmaucher

ORIGINAL: Akulakat

I finished the Ziggs Focke Wolf that i have had in my garage for over 10 years. The cowl was the weak point on the original Corsair I had as well. Here is a picture.

I've got a OS .25 on it. No problems with weight or performance.
I have out the tt 25 in it after the latest rebuild, notice I said the latest. I have had a ball with this little plane, It looks great in the setting sun right before a straffing run at my flying budies. tora tora tora *****es. If that word is a curse then Im sorry.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 AM
sgilkey
My Feedback: (180)

my first combat plane was a Ziggs Spitfire, powered by a Conquest 15 (ball bearing, powerful but heavy). I could never get the plane to launch, with the little 7" prop and my inexperienced launch technique, it would always snap and I really banged it up several times. Then I switched to a plain bearing Magnum GP25, which comfortably spun a 9 inch prop and didn't weigh much more than the .15- it transformed the plane and made it easy to launch- tons of takeoff thrust! Also had a Ziggs Dauntlesses and a Hellcat, all with 25FX and a mousse can pipe, those were all EXCELLENT flying planes with plenty of wing area. Easy to launch, great turning, and very stable.