Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

rc combat CHEAP!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

rc combat CHEAP!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 AM
laz51
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc combat CHEAP!!!!!!!

Has anyone looked in to flying combat planes that are cheap to buy Someone told me he and a few others were flying combat with elect. planes like a flying wing with a cheap 6.00 motor 1000 ma battery and 15.00 ESC and 2 3.00 servos they are getting about 70 mph with a long ribbion and the planes are make out of blue foam. If you have and are flying one now post pics please tell us what motor esc battery ect. Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
TruBlu02

Default RE: rc combat CHEAP!!!!!!!

Try the SPAD Dogfighter. It is about as cheap as you can get and almost completely indestructible. I have seen some awful things happen to one of these little planes with nothing more than a broken prop. Go to http://www.spadtothebone.com/freeplans.htm and use the pull down menu in the top left that says "The Classics", scroll down to .25 size then click on the Dogfighter. You could put one of these together in a day once you get the materials. SPAD's are the way to go if you are looking for cheap and tough.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Blue Note

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8319946/tm.htm

This thread has some pretty cheap approaches at electric combat for at the park. You can look up the Micro Sumo for more information on propulsion setups. Good luck.

BNC
Old 04-09-2009, 08:50 PM
pflumitch
My Feedback: (1)

This is a great combat plane. Have one right now actually.

http://www.gwsprops.com/electric_com...as_seen_on.htm
Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
antiquefer

I fly combat also. I make my own planes, as I can make them cheap. Airframe ready for eng-radiogear for $30 bucks. I make and sell them to the guys at our field for $45 bucks. Actualy If they give me their eng-radio gear I hand it back to them installed in the plane ready to fly. This has increased the combat pilots by alot. One person has used electric gear in one of them and it worked quite well. The planes come out at 2.5 lbs. Blue foam wings (I cut them) downspout fuse, and coroplast tailfeathers. We had two midairs last week so I got three more orders. Our planes must weigh under 3.5lbs, and be powered by a .25 or less...................What is the cost of a store bought combat in the .25 size?