Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Where to get a .15 size engine????? PLEASE HELP

Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Where to get a .15 size engine????? PLEASE HELP

Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
captWalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a .15 size engine????? PLEASE HELP

Hello. Iam being forced into combat flying ( Ijust won one at a combat event in the raffle). Now Ineed to find a .15 size engine to put in it. Ido not know where to find one that is used.

If I can not find one that is used and for cheap then where can Ifind a good buy on a new one and what is a good one to get???

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Scott
Old 06-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Blue Note

Default RE: Where to get a .15 size engine????? PLEASE HELP

I'd use much caution buying one used, especially a .15. Break-in seems to be very important. I have experience with the Thunder Tiger 15 ( no longer available ) and found it weak. The O.S. 15LA is a good engine and as with most O.S. engines have the reputation of being tough and dependable, but to reach the 17.5k RPMs, I usually need to run 30% nitro. I tend to prefer teh Magnum .15XLS. I have run several, breaking them in exactly as outlined in the manual, and have found them all very consistant runners and equal from engine to engine. IMO, outperforms the O.S. and that is running 10%. No particular place has the best price at any given time, so search the major sites on the web. I usually get mine for $52-62 plus shipping. Good luck.

BNC
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

yep get a magnum .15
Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

our club did SSC a while back. My brother in law thought he wanted to do RC and got a few planes etc. then he recently bailed out of RC all together. SO I have a NIB LA .15 that could be had reasonably. I am getting ready to Eba^ all his RC stuff for him. So watch the FLEAB!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

There is someone selling Magnum .15's on that other auction site for $62.99 and free shipping in the lower 48. AND he is offering $10 worth of mystery gifts with the purchase free. Won't say who he is, but just do a search for Magnmu .15.....

Regards,
Glowplugboy
Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 PM
draftman1

Scott, get the magnum 15XLS

BTW did you win the mig or the wippet? I was at that event! wasnt it an awesome combat event? that was my first time going to that event. Todd and the gang came up to our event last may. I will be there for sure in dec. the oct. is up in the air still. catch you later. oh if you find the coro, green SSC zero in the jungle, its mine. I dought if it will ever be found [&o]
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 PM
captWalker

Hey draftman1, I got the mig. I also have a .15 magnum XLS on the way to me from a RCU member. It is new in box. I paid $36.00 including shipping. I hope that you do get your plane back from the jungle. I wish that I could be of help and look for it but I am not a member of the Palomar club yet so I do not have access to the field. When I do get my membership I will keep my eyes out for it. I do remember seeing it on the bench.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Scott
Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 PM
draftman1

Cool, you will enjoy the mig, my son has one that Todd built, I traded him the corostang for it. He flew it down there also. I am in the central valley of CA so I wont be down there looking for the plane in the jungle. I drove 5 hrs to be at the combat events. just incase you or somebody else stumbles across it, being a green zero. you would have to step on it to see it. I hope you enjoy the mig and have a blast at combat, its a good clean fun addiction. good score on the engine also, did they have anymore? later Andy

BTW my avitar is a picture of the at-6 texan I flew there for SSC. one of the members, got a good steamer shot of it.

your also more than welcome to join the Palomar combat forum. its mainly comabt for us out west guys. http://www.members.cox.net/pfcombat/