Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

looking for A Good WWII Fight Sim For Combat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

looking for A Good WWII Fight Sim For Combat

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
drypipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for A Good WWII Fight Sim For Combat

Going off the subject of R/C combat, but does anyone know of a good WWII combat flight simulation out on the market today, where you get to fly WWII fighters either against the computer or online? I have been considering subscribing to " Fly Aces High.com"? Does anyone have experience with this online sim?
I have also been looking at the Microsoft software PC combat stuff?

Something that will allow me practice time in the cockpit taking off, and landing. I do ok with the IL 2 game in the cockpit but I really want to fly a more realistic fighter.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Das Reich,
Drypipe.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
BuzzRTC

Default RE: looking for A Good WWII Fight Sim For Combat

Aces High is a great game! My name on here actually comes from my old name on AH and squadron. They are a great bunch of guys to fly with, and the simulation is excellent. Its a bit of a learning curve as the planes fly in full realism as opposed to some sims. Spins, stalls, blackouts redouts and plane buffeting at high speeds is all to be expected.

Give it a try and practice! Yo wont be disappointed. Typhoon is still my favourite attack plane as it packs alot of firepower and has good low alt. characteristics, but wont take you too far on a full load of fuel. LA7 is an excellent scramble plane as it gets up quick, is super fast on the deck and take a beating. For general flying though, the p51 seems to be the all time favourite.

As far as bombers, dont even try and take off on a fully loaded Lancaster if you dont have a long runway without mountains in the distance obstructing your view. The climb rate will kill you!

Have fun with it!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I fly IL2 Forgotten Battles 1946,
Very good sim, I have been flying with a group of guys for 9 yrs online. I have flown the MS Combat flight sims and the IL2 sims are much better. You can join online at HyperLobby and fly with as many as 60 other people. The plane handleing is very realistic and you have to fly each plane as it should have been flown.
You do not have to pay any fees to fly online at HyperLobby just install the sim and install Hyperlobby and you are good to go.
Good Luck!!
Anthony
Old 12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
drypipe

Anthony,
So, the IL 2 sim is a free installment online on that website? Is that www.hyperfighter.sk? Can't seem to find "HyperLobby" site? I already have a IL*2 Pc sim by Ubisoft?

Is that the same thing?

Das Reich
Drypipe.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
drypipe

WacoNut,

Is this the same game (but different version), you are taking about? Better than the MS versions? Also, can I use this software to play on HyperLobby ? It does say "multiplay internet connection".

I don't know much about online gaming as you can tell.

Das Reich,
Drypipe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76587.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1325987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66263.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1325988  
Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
drypipe

I just found it.
I down loaded the PRO 3.9.11 new version program. Do I need to create an account first? It is not letting me create an account so that I can enter my user name and password on the site?. It keeps on saying: "Can not Find Module"?

Also, I clicked onto the "WWII Fighters game" an it says that it can "not find a game instillation file" on my computer?

Ok, how do I set up the free account with them and download a game to play?

I'm almost there, just need some more help.

DasReich,
Drypipe.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
WacoNut

You are on the right track,
There are several diferent versions of IL2, I am flying the 1946 version and that seems to be the most popular. When you create your account you have to select which game you are going to be playing, if you are selecting one that you do not have it will tell you that it can't find the module(you don't have that game). It has been over a year since I installed my game and linked it on Hyperlobby.
I just finished a 2 hour combat session witha buddy of mine online, we usually fly in a server called Skies of Fire, we are online every Thursday and Sunday at 6:00 PM EDT. My game name is 27th_DW. You will need the 1946 version if you want to try and fly with us.
Good Luck!!
Anthony
Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
WacoNut

BTW:
We use a program called Team Speak, my buddy creates a channel on an extra PC and it allows us to log on and talk over the PC while we are flying. The program is free and all you need is a head set with a boom mic.
Anthony
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 PM
drypipe

Can I use the IL*2 that is already on my computer, or do I need to download their game(s) from the site?

***Big question: How do I create the account to generate my username and password? It does not seem to be working? When I click on to "create an account" icon, I get : " This Module is not active".

Are they down? Or am I still doing something wrong?

DasReich,
Drypipe
Old 12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
WacoNut

You use the game you have installed on your PC,
Hyperlobby is up and running, I am not sure of what issue you are having. I do not remember having any issues creating an account. Once you get an account and get logged in you can ask questions in the chat and guys will direct you on how to get into a game.
Good Luck!!
Anthony
Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM
drypipe

I click onto the: "create an account" in the upper left hand corner of the home page, and it says: "sorry this module isn't active"?

Since I can not get into the chat at this time, perhaps you can ask someone if there is an issue with new people creating accounts?

Thank You for all your help!!

DasReich,
Drypipe.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:43 AM
drypipe

Still trying to create that account on the Hyper-Lobby home page. Every time I click onto "Creat Account" I get a message saying: "Sorry module isn't active""?
Am I still doing something wrong? I have their program installed on my computer and now I can't seem use it to fly online?

What is up with this crazy site? Are they down or no longer taking members?

Das Reich,
Drpipe.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
WacoNut

The site is up and taking new members,
Unfortunately I cannot tell what you are doing wrong. I believe you have to select which game you will be playing before you log in.