Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Combat demo Ideas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Combat demo Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Rflyin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combat demo Ideas

Hello,
I'm holding a demo in Aug and am looking for good ideas for a good show. What class to fly, Number of planes, streamer length. What has worked well in the past and hasn't' My key goal is to create new combat pilots.

Rick
RCCA 721
OGC
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM
grasshopper

Default RE: Combat demo Ideas

Rick,

I can see from your posted scores that you have been very active in competition for several years now. That's great and IMHO the single best way to promote combat. Get out there and do it like you mean it!

I've been flying demos like crazy for the last 4-5 years. I've also flown demos annually at Top Gun and other major RC events as far back as my combat carreer goes, circa 1995. Add to that the amount of competition I have participated in over time and contests I am continuing to sign up for, CD and fly in and you will be hard pressed to find anyone more motivated.

I fly in a sponsored combat demo team "Air Combat America" going for 4 years now and we just flew our yearly Top Gun performances last month. Anyway, enough of that, you may consider me an expert on the subject if you wish. I don't have time to post that much here so if you really want my input contact me by PM or e-mail and I'll correspond directly with you so we can talk on the phone or by other means and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Here's a link to the debreif section of the RCCA forums. I typed the words combat demo in the search box and got 7 pages of info and comments on scads of demos. Check it out for starters.

[link]http://rccombat.net/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=demo&fid%5B%5D=21[/link]

Chris
RCCA 481
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Capn America
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Combat demo Ideas

Just a couple thoughts to go with Chris's demo team idea, we have enough pilots in the area to do demos and probably targeting 3d style events to demo at would attract more adrenaline junkie pilots than other special interest fly ins. Events like the one in Napoleon, thistle downs I think its called would be great if you could get a spot during the weekend, theyusually run Big birds but open it up late. Corey and i flew at night behing the portable construction lights a few years ago, that was fun. They attract a lot of AMA and published attention along with big name pilots and wannabees from the area. Im sure there are more up your way as well but that is the one Im aware of. Certainly at club fun flies etc its always good to put on demos and try to hook a new one. You have been doing very well in your area for sure.

If you start getting some set up keep me posted and we will try to make it to help out.