Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New BUKU clutch system for drag racing

All,

I am proud to say that David of Buku has given me sponsorship to use his product and let me tell you, the new "DRAG" race version of this clutch is the bomb diggidy. I went to David and we talked about what the drag version clutch should be like. David took ALL of my advice and added some of his touches as well and sent me the first version for a full testing against the already proven Mugen Centex style clutch. The Mugen clutch set the pace for others to follow and it has been a great clutch to use for drag racing but as always there's room for improvement and that is where the Buku system comes in to compete at. David made the drag clutch with much stiffer springs than what the regular system uses and with virtually the same adjustability as a centex, you can stall the engine or hit it sooner to soften the hit off the line just like a centex does but you have 3 different shoe settings that you can adjust rather than just the one big clutch pad from the centex. I will add that so far, I have been quicker AND faster while using the Buku clutch system and also just recently in early June 2011, I set the National IMDRA Funny Car speed record with the Buku on hand as well. So all in all, THANKS to David of Buku products for another great option to use for drag racing.

http://bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx

Mugen Centex clutch system
    Best ET of 1.548
    Best MPH of 87.2
    Best 6' of .260

New Buku Drag race clutch system
    Best ET of 1.538
    Best MPH of 89.6
    Best 6' of .272

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New BUKU clutch system for drag racing

[b]UPDATE:

The new Buku clutch helped me to win the 2011 IMDRA Regional race at Budds Creek Dragway September 3, 2011. This clutch is VERY consistent. I got to the track late and did not get any practice time runs in at all. I was only able to get two qualifying passes in and then on to the race. Out of the trunk, I ran low ET of 1.566@84 MPH with absolutely NO tuning of ANYTHING. I then ran my second qualifying pass of 1.548@87 MPH and that set the stage for the first round of elimination. The first round, I ran a 1.554@86 MPH, the second round I ran 1.543@86 MPH, the semi-final round I ran 1.551@87 MPH and in the final round, I ran one of my very own BD chassis built cars and GREAT friend Spanky. I ran a 1.562@85 MPH to his off the pace 1.61. Let me just say again, the BUKU clutch system for "ME" works. I never once touched the adjustment screws at all and it was consistently performing the same ET's pass after pass after pass. I was already impressed but for BUKU to be part of my first ever win, makes it that much more special. Thanks to David for the system and hopefully he has a new version of the flywheel that we can test soon as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best ET of 1.548
    Best MPH of 87.2
    Best 6' of .260

Best ET of 1.538
    Best MPH of 89.6
    Best 6' of .272

this was back to back, on the same day?
    IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 mile 2-lap National Record Holder
    ClassOne Dragcat.. 78mph through IMPBA Traps (not GPS)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

Best ET of 1.548
    Best MPH of 87.2
    Best 6' of .260

Best ET of 1.538
    Best MPH of 89.6
    Best 6' of .272

this was back to back, on the same day?*

No these comparisons were not the same day but with the Centex, I have been running it for 3 years in all weather conditions, same engine, chassis, tire size you name it and the best numbers are an accumilation of 3 years whereas the Buku has only been on my car 4 months and has topped a 3 year shuffle from the centex. The Buku "WILL" go faster and quicker than it already has as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What cars was this.ran with ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Car-Boy

What cars was this.ran with ?
    My very own BD Designs chassis which is a direct drive car.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brent,

On the Buku clutch, did you use Komposite Shoe or not?