Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

1/8 scale Sand Drag Altered Funny Car

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

1/8 scale Sand Drag Altered Funny Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Biggerc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 scale Sand Drag Altered Funny Car

Guys i have a old roll cage from a t-maxx and i want to build a frame out of that how do i re-weld that so how i want it? i want to use axail axles but not sure how im going to set up the 4-link also i would like to run along the lines of revo shocks a little bit shorter it needs to sit close to the ground. I need a tranny that will hold the power of a mamba monster and will the axle hold the beating. it will be 2wd drive. how do get some thin alumnum to mount esc and batteries in the bottom of the chassis too. This car needs to be built to run 300ft anywhere from 75mph to 100mph. Help would be awesome from you guys this car needs to be fast and look realistic, thanks. ANYADVICEWILLBEAWESOME
heres what i want it to look like
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35350.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1661758  
Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
RootzMan

Default RE: 1/8 scale Sand Drag Altered Funny Car

Woa! Dude! That's quite a project you've taken on!

First off, I'd suggest a Kyosho Mad Force axle or, ideally the Mad Force axle that RC4WD make. They'll be able to help you out with 4 link stuff and maybe a tranny too.

As for welding and making up sheet ally etc, you'll need to get some skills. But hey! They'll come in useful for your whole life!

Cheerz!

Rtz
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Dukk

Default RE: 1/8 scale Sand Drag Altered Funny Car

I just completed a scratch build using an Axial axle andMMM 2650 motor. No transmission, straight direct drive [8D] Even used eRevo coilovers on the back too!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10750108/tm.htm

The torque is rediculous. I have to feather the throttle to keep it moving in a straight line. Running in sand though may put a lot more strain on the drivetrain so a tranny might be a good idea.